ten

Lucas' POV - Monday, 8:27 pm

I was jolted awake by someone shaking my shoulders violently. My eyesight was blurry, but I could tell the form in front of me was Dustin, just by his halo of curls. I couldn't tell the blaring sirens apart from the ringing of my own ears. I blinked rapidly and although Dustin was saying something, all I could do was gape at the scene surrounding me. Foggy red lights flashed brightly and blinked out just as fast. Men in white and red suits rushed from an ambulance to where I was laying. They placed y/n into a stretcher and began rolling her into the truck. Mike attempted to stand up, to folllow y/n but as soon as he applied weight in his leg, it gave out and he fell to the floor with a scream. The same men and women came out with another stretcher and lifted him onto it, wheeling him away. My eyesight began to clear and I could make out the frames of Dustin and Will, who sat hunched over next to each other, and Eleven, who was sobbing by the side of the truck, seemingly untouched by the crash. Before I could react, I was being lifted and rolled away. The last thing I remember was the smell of smoke and gasoline making its way to my nose and throat, before the doors closed, leaving the scene of the crash behind me.

---

Mike's POV - Thursday, 10:03 am

"Mr. Wheeler, I'm going to need to to settle down." My head felt hot and the only thing I could feel was anger, numbing down the physical pain I was feeling.

"No! I won't fucking calm down! I haven't seen her in days!" The nurse seemed jumpy, and her eyes darted frantically to the heart rate monitor, which was beeping uncontrollably.

"Mr. Wheeler, I- your heart rate, it's not supposed to be that high-" I sat up fully in bed now, ripping a couple wires from my arm. The nurse yelped and covered her mouth, scrambling to reattach them.

"She could be dead for all I know!"

"Sir, I can't hel-"

"Where is she?" 

The woman patted my arm fondly after hooking me back up to the machine. Her breathing regained a steady pace and she bowed her head in relief.

"I'll try and scheduale something, but, her recovery . . . it's been slow,"

---

General POV

-"any sudden changes could be negative for her health." Mike leaned back, resting upright in his hospital bed. That was the last thing he wanted. He didn't want to hurt her anymore. He closed his eyes and laid his head back on the backboard of the bed.

"Mr. Wheeler?" She asked timidly. He stayed quiet and she took his silence for a yes. "You can't do that again; lash out I mean. Many people act out after a period of grief or stress, and maybe I could sign you up for some type of PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) therapy sessions or-"

"I don't need therapy." He told her, putting his fingers to his temple, and grimacing at his forming headache. He was only sixteen, but he already looked years older, just from the recent stress that had overtaken his life. "I just need to see her."

The nurse nodded sympathetically. Although she'd only met him a few days ago, when the paramedics rolled him in at roughly nine at night, she couldn't help but have a special place in her heart for him. Maybe it was because he reminded her of her own son, who knows.

"I'll see what I can do, Micheal."

---

Your POV

You could hear faint yelling from across the hall. You're ears and eyes had been alert since they shoved you in this room. You hadn't been able to figure out who's room is which, with the exception of Will's. he was directly beside you. You figured it out by knocking through the walls. It was exhausting, really. And as much as you begged, the nurses refused to let you know who was in each room. Apparently it was 'hospital code' and for the privacy of the other patients. Which was a load of shit, and normally wouldn't stop you from sneaking out and checking each room until you found your friends. However, considering the fact that you could barely sit up, you wouldn't be doing that any time soon. You didn't even know how many days you'd been in the hospital. Not that it mattered, you had slept through most of them. In fact, you hadn't left your bed since you'd arrived.