five

Your POV - Wednesday, 4:46 pm

Will knocked on the front door of the Wheeler's house before Dustin barged through the door and just walked in.

"We're home!" He yelled and Will shook his head. You followed in behind Mike and Lucas.

"Ugh! Guys!" A senior girl who you'd seen around the halls, glared at the boys for interrupting her kissing session with the guy sitting on the couch.

"Hey Buddy." The other guy greeted Will and rubbed his hair affectionately. Will smiled but swatted his hand away.

"Jonathon, I'm too old for that now."

Oh, so this is the brother he told me about.

The girl stood in front of us, and Jonathon put an arm over her shoulder.

"Don't worry Nance," Jonathon smirked, looking at you from the corner of his eye. "I think Mike's got his own girl to worry about." I stepped up from behind Mike and smiled.

"Who are you?" She asked me turning to Mike. "Who is this?" Mike looked down to me. I looked to Nancy.

"I'm y/n, Mike's . . . friend." He nodded. Lucas snorted.

"Yeah, friends who make out every damn chance they get." You hit his shoulder.

"That isn't true! We haven't even kissed once yet." I defended. Dustin laughed. And Nancy gave you a knowing smile.

"Yet?" She said with raised eyebrows. You groaned.

"I think maybe I should leave." You said, spinning on your heel and turning towards the door. Mike put a hand on your stomach, stopping you and turned you around.

"No I don't think so. Usually we hang out in the basement," he glared at Nancy, who just mouthed 'who me?' and faked a face of innocence. "where my sister won't bother us." He grabbed your hand and walked down the stairs with you. The boys ran down behind you guys and cleared a board game off of the table quickly and began to shove into a box.

"What are you guys doing?" You said, picking up the lid of the box and a piece that landed near your foot.

"Dungeons and Dragons?" You asked them, eyeing the small piece in your hand. It was beautifully sculpted and a deep black. The word on the bottom read 'demegorgon'

"What is this?" You spun the tiny figure in your palm and Will snatched it away from you.

"Don't touch that." He said looking up at you. His voice was dark and his stare was completely serious. You had only seen the bright, peppy side of Will. But this was different . . . it was weird, and unnerving. You handed him the lid and stepped back.

"I-I'm sorry," he continued to stare you down and stepped closer. "I didn't mean to make you upset, or or anything . . . It's just a dumb game it didn't-" he pushed you back into the wall, surprisingly with a lot of force. You let out a grunt of surprise and a bit of pain. "Please Will, you're scaring me." He scoffed and stepped even closer.

"You should be scared. It's not just a dumb game. You don't understand. You don't understand anything, what I've been through, what this town has been through."

"Will, she didn't know any better," Dustin said as Mike walked closer to the two of us.

"Exactly. You don't get it alright! This dumb game, this dumb piece-" he held up the demegorgon figure with shaking hands. Mike patted Will on the back.

"Hey man, its over now. You don't have to -" Will pushed Mike's hand away from him and shoved him into a nearby chair. His fists were clenched tightly, and you were afraid we was going to shatter for how badly he was shaking.