Chapter Nine

The Next Day

Faith's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm on my phone. I quickly turned it off before it could wake Eva. It was 8 in the morning. I did my morning routine and put on different sweats, and sweatshirt, and purple Chuck Taylor's with my hair in a perfect bun and a purple bandana tied around it. I grabbed my phone, room and car keys and headed out the door. When I got to the elevators I received a text from Randy.

Randy: Hey mama

Me: Hey, what's up

Randy: Just wanted to say good morning to my FIANCÉ

The way he put the word fiancé made me queasy. Are all brides like this when their wedding day gets closer and closer.

Me: Well good morning to you too. Are you at a different hotel

Randy: Yep. I switched last night

Me: Good don't want any bad luck for our big day

Randy: 😊. Bye baby

Me: Bye

Before I knew it I was already at the lobby. So list in thought about my big day I ran into someone. "Sorry." I said not looking up at the person I collided with. "It's fine." a familiar voice replied. I looked up to see Dean with a smile on his face. A real one too, you could see the happiness in his eyes this time. "Hey." I said smiling back. "Hey. Wanna get some breakfast with me?" he asked and I happily nodded. We walked out, got in his range rover, and drove down to a local restaurant.

When we made it, he held the door open for me and we were seated in a booth. There was silence between us as I fiddled with my ring and he watched me. "Getting butterflies?" he asked and I nodded. "Big ones. Randy's dad is gonna walk me down the aisle." I stated. My dad passed the summer I met Jon. I was couple days after Jon moved in next door and he was shot. He was getting robbed of his car, which at the time was a mustang, and him being his stubborn self refused to get out. The killers yanked him out by force and shot him before driving off and leaving him in the street. Jon and my dad were on very good terms before he passed and he looked at Jon as his future son-in-law. Thinking of my dad brought me to the verge of tears, but I didn't let them spill. Dean saw this and placed his hand over mine. "Thinking about your dad?" he asked and I nodded. "He's very proud of you for what you're doing. He's happy that you finally found someone who you're happy with." he stated and I nodded with a fake and weak smile. "I have something for you. A little wedding gift." he said reaching into his pocket. He pulled out a box that looked like Randy's except it was longer and I little bit thiner. He handed it to me and I looked at him before opening it. I gasped at the sight. I was a charm bracelet. I smiled widely at him and he returned it. "Thank you." I said. He took the bracelet out and signaled for me to hold out my arm. I did and he placed it around my left wrist. I examined it with admiration. "This is really beautiful." I said. "wait what is Eva gonna think. Even if I say it was a wedding gift she's still gonna be suspicious." I explained and he just shrugged his shoulders. "Don't worry about it for now. Just enjoy it." he stated and I nodded. The rest of our breakfast was amazing. We talked about what's been happening to us in the past few years. When it was older he took me back to my room and kissed me on the forehead before walking away to his room.

Dean's POV

Once I walked away from Faith I pulled out my phone and started dialing Eva's number. Yesterday Eva said something about planning a bachelorette party for Faith tonight and I wanted to get more information. I was gonna have to sweet talk her and I knew I was gonna have to be near a toilet once our conversation ended.

Eva: Hello?

Dean: Hey baby

Eva: Hey what's up