t w e n t y s i x • Class and More Class

"Optimism is the foundation for courage."

The Frog Choir stood up at the front.

"Double, double, toil and trouble;
Fire burn and cauldron bubble.
Double, double, toil and trouble;

Fire burn and cauldron bubble.
Double, double, toil and trouble;
Fire burn and cauldron bubble.

Something wicked this way comes!"

The song ended with a frog's croak. Everyone applauded as Dumbledore took the podium.

"Welcome, welcome, to another year at Hogwarts!" He announced with a smile.

"I'd like to get a few words in before we are all too befuddled with our great feast." He continued, his half-moon glasses sitting comfortably on his nose. He pointed to one side of the teacher's table. "First of all I'd like to Welcome Professor R. J. Lupin, who's kindly agreed to fill in as the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher." Everyone applauded as he stood. You heard many of the seventh year girls whisper and giggle. Remus Lupin looked only to be in his early thirties, maybe late twenties. He had light brown hair and scars that lined his face.

"Wish him the best of luck, he'll need it. Anyway," Dumbledore continued, waving a dismissive hand.

"Psst, Potty! Pothead!" Draco got the chosen one's attention. Harry looked over. "Is it true you fainted?" Next to Draco, Theo feigned fainting to mock him. "You actually fainted?" Draco taunted. They both began laughing, next to you, Blaise as well was laughing as well.

"Shove off Malfoy." Ron sneered at them before turning back to their own table.

"- Our Care of Magical Creatures teacher who has recently retired! Wanting to spend more quality time, with his remaining limbs. In his place, we have one of our own... Rubeus Hagrid!" Hagrid stood up, moving the table a bit in the process. Everyone applauded, well, everyone but a select few.

"Can you believe that giant got the job!" Draco said with a scoff.

Dumbledore's voice in the background grew a darker tone.

"On the Ministry's request, Hogwarts is to play host for the Dementors of Azkaban. That is, until Sirius Black is captured." At the mention of the murderer's name, people began to gossip.

Sirius Black?

"Now, I'd like to warn you all. Dementors are vicious creatures, give them no reason to harm you.... It is not in the nature of a dementor to be, forgiving." He warned in a low voice. At his words your throat tightened.

He held up a finger. "Oh but happiness can be found even in the darkest of places," he waved a hand and the closest candle went out. "If only one remembers to turn on the light." The candle flickered once more.

"Ok now that that's over," he waved a hand, back in his joyous mood. "Tweedle doop! Let the feast begin!" Food began appearing on the tables.

"That old geezer... dementors are hardly anything to be afraid of." Theo sneered, elbowing Crabbe. They all laughed.

You pushed away the plate that appeared in front of you.

"I lost my appetite.." you muttered, hearing their comments in the background. You swallowed thickly.

Your words stopped all conversation around you. Blaise pushed your plate back to you and began putting food on.

"No way!" Theo crossed his arms.