f o u r t y s i x • Christmas Coming

"She was one of the rare ones. So effortlessly herself, and the world loved her for it."

"The Yule Ball is an annual event of the Triwizard Tournament and has been since it's inception." Mcgonagall stated, standing in the middle of the room. The boys and girls were separated on different sides of the room.

Filch fiddled with the music box as Mcgonagall continued.

"The Yule Ball, first and foremost, is a dance." The Gryffindors burst out with whispers. "Within every girl, is a beautiful swan, ready to burst forward."

She turned to the boys, nearly all who were slumped in their seats. "And in every boy, there is a prancing lion ready to roar."

Ron turned to Harry. "There is an animal ready to burst, but I don't think it's a swan." He whispered, laughing at his own joke.

Mcgonagall frowned. "Mister Weasley, Since you are so eager to begin, please join me." She held out her hand, leading the redhead onto the floor. Ron stood up, Harry giving an encouraging shove with a grin.

"Now, please place your right hand on my waist."

Ron's eyes widened. "Where?"

"My waist."

Ron hesitantly positioned his hand, earning a wolf whistle from somewhere in the crowd.

He turned, highly suspicious that it was his older twin brothers, Fred and George. Who currently, were grinning and trying to hold in their laughs. Ron attempted to give them the finger, only to stop when Mcgonagall guided his hand back.

"Oi," Harry nudged Fred. "Never let him forget this, will you?" He asked, a lopsided grin on his face.

"Never." They said together.

The music began. Mcgonagall held Ron's other hand, teaching him slowly.

"1, 2, 3," she repeated the steps as they practiced around the floor. "Ladies and Gentlemen, please choose a partner and join in."
~~~~~~~~~

"Since you believe you are so funny Mister Nott," Professor Snape sneered. "Put your hand on my waist."

You choked on air, looking across the room to see Draco leaning onto Blaise for support while he laughed.

"Woah, woah, Professor," Theo held his hands up in surrender. "I'll just return to my seat..." he said, slowly inching away.

Theo had made a joke about Snape's shampoo. Well, lack thereof, and it made the entire Slytherin body laugh. This only angered Snape further.

"My waist, Mister Nott." The Professor grit through his teeth. He was enjoying this as much as Theo was.

"But sir—"

"No buts." Snape harshly grabbed his wrist.

Theo smirked, gaining a new idea. He winked at you, Draco, and Blaise before beginning. Oh boy...

"If you say so Professor..."

"I said my waist Mister Nott!"

The Slytherin house burst into laughter once more. Theo finally stopped messing around, doing the waltz with the Potions Professor.

"The rest of you miscreants," Snape sneered. "Join in."

Everyone got to their feet, Draco and Blaise both seemed to make eye contact before rushing to your side. Draco, being bombarded by a few other girls, was too late as you were being whisked away by Blaise.