t h i r t y o n e • Comfort

"Whatever you're facing right now, there is a way out."

"Right, (Y/n)!" Ron said, laughing in the process from his own joke.

You shook your head slightly, blinking a few times as you heard your name.

"Oh... yeah, right.." you responded dejectedly. You could tell you were being quite a killjoy. You didn't blame them though. They were trying to lighten the mood, trying to cheer you up.

"I'll see you later guys.." you told them, standing from the bench.

Hermione glanced at the other two before looking at you. "Where are you going?" She asked curiously.

You forced yourself to smile. "Oh, I'll just be around." You waved a hand dismissively.

You pulled your hood up to cover your face as you walked through the halls. You heard the rumors all the same.

"Oh my gosh, did you hear? Apparently, (Y/n) is the daughter of You-Know-Who! And that's why he killed Andrew Avendale!" Some irrelevant Hufflepuff upperclassmen gossiped to one of her friends.

Gosh, weren't Hufflepuffs supposed to be the nice ones?

You snapped around quickly. Pulling down your hood to glare at them menacingly.

"That's. Not. True." You gritted through your teeth, narrowing your eyes to slits.

The girl squeaked with both fright and surprise.

"Hey! What's going on here?" Cedric Diggory asked, running up to the group.

The girl schooled an innocent expression. "I have no idea Ceddy, she just snapped at us!"

You stayed silent, but felt as if you were about to break a tooth from grinding them down.

You were thankful however that Cedric didn't believe it. "Oh save it Danielle, I've heard the rumors you've tried to spread. Let's see how well you'll spread them in detention!" He told her with a grin, tapping his Prefect badge.

They all went to go see Professor Sprout, their head of house, sadly.

Cedric ran up to you.

"Thank you," you said quietly. Suddenly, he wrapped his arms around you in a hug. You went frozen, before slowly returning it.

"I just thought you might've wanted a hug." He said once he pulled away. He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "I'm sorry, you probably didn't want one, and I just invaded your personal space." He put his face in his hands in embarrassment.

You managed a light laugh, you pulled his hands away from his face. "It's alright."

"I can't believe they're spreading dumb rumors now." Cedric said with a roll of his eyes. You shrugged, used to people talking about you.

"Well maybe Danielle has something to spread now... other than her legs." He seemed to mutter under his breath.

You choked on air.

He pat your back. "I'm sorry, that was way out of line.."

You genuinely laughed. "No, it wasn't. I just wasn't expecting that from you." You said, slightly coughing.

He smiled at you. "You hear some things in the Hufflepuff common room that you can never un-hear." He told you with a slight shudder, making you laugh again.

He checked his watch and groaned. "I've got to go now, sorry. I guess I'll leave you alone now." He began walking away before turning around once more. "If you need anything, just need ask." He told you, you gave a thumbs-up in response. You continued your way to the Astronomy Tower.