f o u r t y s e v e n • The Yule Ball

"I hope you find a love you don't have to question."

"Drakeypoo!" A high-pitched, annoying voice rang out through the common room.

Draco groaned, slumping down further into the armchair. The blonde girl excessively swung her hips as she made her way towards him.

"What the hell do you want, Greengrass?" He asked, leaning against his hand.

Astoria huffed, pouting as if the boy in front of her would care. "I still hear you're single for the Yule Ball?" She sing-songed.

"And?"

Draco seriously couldn't find a fuck to give. Honestly, he wanted this stupid ball to be over and done with. Many girls have already asked the young Malfoy heir to be their date.

Alas, all efforts ended in vain as he rejected them all.

"If you want, we could go together." Astoria asked, tilting her head. "I still haven't found myself a date either."

Draco didn't hesitate to roll his eyes.

"You aren't even allowed to go without a date, third year." The irritation seeping into his tone.

Then Draco thought about the idea more. Who is the person that you despise the most? And lord knows that the Malfoy heir cannot be seen at a ball without a date. He groaned mentally.

Was it really worth it? Just to possibly make you slightly jealous?
His ego would deflate enormously if you didn't care even a little bit.

"Fine." He pointedly ignored the look of accomplishment on her face. "Great Hall, at 8. I won't wait for you." Draco climbed the stairs up to the boy's dorm, shutting the door with a wham.

Astoria smirked to herself. Strutting away to brag to her friends. Tonight, Draco Malfoy would be all hers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you mad, Mate?!" Blaise's eyes widened as Draco told them what just happened.

Draco shrugged, flopping onto his bed. Theo made a face of indifference.

"I mean," the dark haired boy began. "Best case scenario, it pisses off (Y/n), she leaves Diggory and falls into your arms." Draco rolled his eyes at that. "And worst case scenario, you fall for Greengrass."

Draco scoffed while Blaise cut in. "No, actually the worst case scenario is (Y/n) getting pissed at all of us."

Theo crossed his arms, waving a hand dismissively. "Who are you taking to the ball, Zabini?"

Truth was, Blaise hadn't gotten a date. Many had asked, many have been rejected. And still Blaise hasn't found anyone worthy of his attention.

Egotistic that one is.

Blaise smirked. "I'm the lone wolf of our group," He howled mockingly, making them throw a pillow at him.

"I'm going with the lovely Seraphina," Theo sighed, grinning.

Draco raised an eyebrow. At first, he had no clue who his friend was going on about. A lightbulb went off.

"Oh! That Beauxbaton girl? The one you didn't know the name of two days ago?" Draco teased.

Theo narrowed his eyes. "Yes, her. But now I know her name!" Dear god, send help for whoever Theo ends up with.
~~~~~~~~~~~

You felt someone grab your hand. You were sitting under a beautiful, green tree by the Black Lake.

You turn to see the familiar blonde of Draco. You quickly looked down, blushing. It felt utterly natural for you to be next to him, holding his hand, leaning against him and all.