→ TEARS & HOLDING HANDS ←

Author note: Hello! If you're reading this, thank you. It means a lot that you're enjoying this story. If chapters start to take a darker turn, it's because I'm trying to add more emotion to the story.

IMPORTANT:

I want to write a YJ short story, but I don't know what ship to use. Spitfire, Traught, Birdflash, Chalant, ect... No Supermartian please... Too much cringe. Let me know what you think.

Please check out my new book "Behind the Mask: Rogue" I worked extremely hard on the first two chapters. Thanks!

Remember to vote and/or comment if you enjoyed this chapter!

---

Dick wasn't crying because of sorrow, but because of frustration.

Who did that guy think he was? Treating him like an imbecile. Treating him like he didn't belong, when he didn't even know what he had gone through the past few months.

Dick didn't want those people. He didn't want Batman. He wanted his parents back.

He sat in his room, on the floor. Backed up against the corner of the room he hugged his knees, burying his face in his small arms, letting tears fall freely from his eyes.

Superboy's harsh words echoed in his head. 'Some of us actually want sleep.'

It wasn't his fault he was forced to sleep in the mountain. It wasn't his fault nightmares plagued his mind.

Why did they have to die? His loving caring mother- his kind and compassionate father. Why did they deserve to be taken from this world?

It's.

Not.

Fair.

---

"Was that really necessary, Connor?" Megan asked angrily, floating over to where her boyfriend was seated on the sofa. He turned and glared at her, but his gaze softened when he realized she was right.

"Should we check on Robin?" Artemis offered.

The teens turned their gaze to the door when they heard a gruff voice. "That won't be necessary."

"Batman." Kaldur greeted. "What brings you here?" Batman shifted his gaze to the Atlantean, and replied with almost a sarcastic tone. "Don't I have a right to visit my protege?"

"Your very whiney protege..." Raquel mumbled incoherently under her breath- but not incoherently enough for Batman to not understand. "Is there a problem Raquel?" He asked her, his frightening gaze now fixated on her. Everyone else turned to look at her as well, and she suddenly felt intimidated.

"No." She replied meekly, turning her head away as her cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

Batman seemed oddly satisfied, and he gave a small nod. "Good. Prepare for training with Black Canary. Just because Robin is having problems, doesn't mean you get a vacation." He ordered firmly, and the teens gave him small nods of understanding.

As Batman started towards the bedroom halls, the teens took it as their cues to head to the training area. The teens walked out, and Superboy was the last one to exit the rec room. He gave one last look to the hall as he watched Batman trudge formally to Robin's room, his steps even and firm, yet casual. Superboy then followed the others, guilt prying at his mind.