More Than Just A Team

Sandra's POV

When Tuukka started to drive he turned the radio on! I smiled when Metallica started to play. I grinned and started to sing along to Hero of the Day.

"Mama, they try and break me
The window burns to light the way back home
A light that warms no matter where they've gone
They're off to find the hero of the day
But what if they should fall by someone's wicked way?"

Tuukka looked at me and smiled. The next verse was me favorite he even sung along with me.

"Still the window burns
Time so slowly turns
And someone there is sighing
Keepers of the flames
Do you feel your name?
Did you hear your babies crying?

Mama, they try and break me
Still they try and break me"

I stopped singing and leaned my head back on the head rest. I looked over at Tuukka "Not bad for a guy from Finland." He chuckled "Thanks."
"No really your a pretty good singer. A lot better than Milan." He laughed "Your good yourself." She smiled "That's how us Canadian's do it."

We sat there in a comfortable silence fo a little bit. I looked out the window like I always do.

Then I looked at him. He had one hand resting and only used one hand to drive. I was hesitant at first but I took his hand in mine.

Tuukka POV

If I wasn't already blushing from her saying that I was a pretty good singer now I was. She held me hand and laced her fingers through mine.

Of course she notice "I think red might be your color Tuukka" she chuckled. I just shook my head. She smiled "Don't be embarrassed it's cute." I could feel my cheeks warming up even more. She giggled "Ill stop teasing you."

When we got there I was starving. We sat down and took our seats in a booth. We both ordered pizza.

She looked at me "How is Finland? I know you said you were from there but I never asked you what it's like." I smiled at the thought of my home country "It's great I usually go there during the holidays and summer. It's nice to see my family. It's has a lot of harsh winters. My favorite thing is seeing the Northern Lights there."
She smiled at me "Sounds nice."

I look at her "What about Vancouver?" She just kept a neutral expression "Growing up it was great. Even though I had 3 brothers I still loved it there. I actually would play hockey with them. When Milan started playing hockey for Boston and I played soccer for Boston things changed. The city didn't really support our family. They neglected us and our family. I feel more at home here than in Vancouver." I looked at her and frowned "Sorry to hear that and you played soccer? And played hockey when you were a kid what positions?" She smiled "For hockey I played defenseman. For soccer I was the goalie." He smiled when I said goalie "Professional?" I nodded "Yeah, I played for the Boston Breakers. That's how I met your teammate Shawn. Milan took him to one of my games."

I was untreated I this new topic of her being a goalie. "Do you still play?" She shook her head "Not anymore." I looked at her "Why not? You had to be good if you made it to the pros?" She shrugged "I didn't like my coach. He was a jerk. He always made me do triple of everything the other girls did. He wasn't trying to make me a better player he just wanted his daughter to take my position. His daughter was a sweet girl and her mother had cancer and was going to see her play. So I quit and gave her my position. We are still friends to this day." I smiled "Do you regret it?" She shook her head "No way I met some amazing people because I quit. I also got to spend more time with Milan."