Chapter 6- Where is my mind?

~With your feet on the air and your head on the ground

Try this trick and spin it, yeah

Your head will collapse

But there's nothing in it

And you'll ask yourself~

Hot. So very hot...burning, excruciating pain! Cold now, why?  Why is it so cold? Pain...fear...calm. A light, it's so beautiful, so bright...I want to go near it, it's calling me...it wants to embrace me, make me sleep for a very long time. Sleep sounds so good. I'm so tired...tired of what? Everything feels like its spinning, my head...hurts. But why? Why does it hurt? Am I supposed to be hurting? No, the light is making me feel no pain and yet, why? Why does it feel like my body is crying for help? For peace?

~Where is my mind? 

Where is my mind?

Where is my mind?

Way out in the water
See it swimmin'

I was swimmin' in the Caribbean

Animals were hiding behind the rock

Except the little fish

But they told me, he swears

Tryin' to talk to me, to me, to me.~

The light is becoming dimmer now,  it's going away...no, it's not. I see a being, a creature. I'm not scared of it,  not really. It looks at me, yet, I see no face, just a mask. A mask that looks like the galaxy, it keeps moving, stars were moving slowly across its surface like they were in syrup. Now it's water, with fish and animals, then it changed back to the galaxy. 

"What...what's going on? Who are you?" I paused as I heard someone speak, their voice sounded small and weak. Sick and tired. The voice spoke again, asking the same question...I realized it was my voice. I sounded like that, was I sick? The being cocked it's head to the side, almost like a dog trying to figure out what it's master is saying to it.

"You're changing, little one" its voice felt soothing against my ears, like silk. It calmed me down. Calm? Was I afraid?

"Changing? How?"

It watched me and I watched it "you were dying, a warrior gave you their blood for you to live"

"Dying? Was I dying? Why?"

~Way out in the water
See it swimmin'

With your feet on the air and your head on the ground

Try this trick and spin it, yeah

Your head will collapse

If there's nothing in it

And you'll ask yourself

Where is my mind? 

Where is my mind?

Where is my mind?~

"Because you were scared. You ran from the being that killed your friend."

"Run! Just fucking run!"

"Justin!! No!!"

"G-go!  R-"

I gripped my head in pain, gritting my teeth as voices flashed through my mind. "J-Justin?" my voice sounded even weaker...pathetic.

"Why? Why did he die?" I whispered and saw green tears falling down my cheeks onto the white ground...green? 

"Because he was protecting you.  Saving you from death" the comforting voice spoke again and I looked up at it, seeing that it was closer. Yet, I still wasn't afraid. Should I be?

"Jane, you're changing and when you wake up, you will see things about yourself that will be scary, terrifying even. But do not see it as a deformity, see it as a strength, another tool to survive and fight. Be strong, little one"

I was confused "when...I wake up?" he nodded his head and reached out to put his large hand on my head "Remember, I will be watching and protecting you. Now,"

~Way out in the water
See it swimmin'

Oh

With your feet on the air and your head on the ground

Oh

Try this trick and spin it, yeah

Oh

Oh~

"Wake up"

______________

So~? What did you all think? Yes, I know, it's a short chapter but it's supposed to be a little filler for the next one. You know, to keep you on your toes and keep guessing what's going to happen next! Anyway,  there's going to be more interaction between Jane and the mysterious hunter and we finally get to find out his name!  *cheers*

Also, the song is not mine, it's called Where is my mind? By Pixies

So, if you all have any questions,  concerns, comments or just want to say hi, shoot me a message and I'll message you back as fast as I can! Oh! And I am starting a one shot thingy, you give me your OCs or what characters you want to see together and I'll write them! :D Anyway, that's all for today, folks!  Stay tuned and see you in the next chapter! Bye bye!