Chapter 19- Fire

How does one control fire? That is a question that people have. For decades, man has used fire as a tool, a weapon. Yet, no man has ever controlled fire, make fire bend to their will. Why? The answer is simple. Fire will and cannot be controlled. It will not be controlled by no man or anyone else. 

But, I hear you ask, "How can you control fire?" You don't control fire, you work with it. If you control it, you will get burned. But, work with fire, become friends with it and it will protect you. It will fight by your side and it will listen to you. That dear reader is how you truly "control" fire. And Jane must learn to become friends with the flame before she can truly learn the way of fire. 

Now, follow me on a journey through space and across many galaxies to the planet of Fogo. A medium sized planet that is mainly made of trees. But not regular trees that one would find on Earth. No, these trees are odd but very beautiful. The tree trunks are thick and healthy, the bark is a plum purple that fades into a light periwinkle higher up. Along the branches are cerulean spots that only cover the braches. And finally, the leaves are beautiful and stunning. The leaves look like icicles that hang low and glow a deep red. The trees have a sweet smell that is different as people smell the trees. This is the only tree that makes up an entire forest. So, the planet glows a deep red because of the trees that cover its surface. 

There are lakes that dot the planet, but no oceans. Although one of the lakes is like an ocean because it's so big and deep. The lakes are a maroon and like the trees can have a different taste for some people. There is fruit that grows on the trees. Sweet, sour, spicey, and bitter. They come in all shapes and sizes. The weather on the planet is humid and sometimes even dry. It's always hot and it rains for weeks at a time. There are two sons but Fogo is in a sweet spot so it doesn't cook from the suns but not too far away so the planet won't freeze. 

Fogo has three moons, even the moons are like mini planets and the species of Fogo go to the moons to stay on, like a vacation. The species on Fogo are the Obsidians. They are a rarely seen race because they like to keep to themselves. They are a beautiful race. The Obsidians are a tall race, long arms, and long legs. Their skin isn't always the same color, it changes from pinks to blues to purples to golds. They're called the Obsidians because of their eyes which are big and almond-shaped that is the color of obsidian. Simple, but not complicated. The Obsidians can bend fire, they use it in their daily lives. The males and females are different from each other, The females have antennas and the males when they are born, have a mark either on their back, leg or neck and it's always pitch black. The females actually lay eggs, one or two and they have a nest like bed. Males and females switch to take care of the eggs or egg.

Now that you know about the planet and its people, you're probably wondering where Jane and Nightblood are. Let's go to Fogo where Malika, a teacher of Jane lives...

*************

"Again" a grunt and a crackle like a fireplace.

"Again" another grunt and a small hiss of pain.

"Once more"  A yelp and a small thud then an "oof"

Malika sighed and dusted her hands "You need more practice, Jane. But you did well this time." the Obsidian said with amusement as she looked down at the panting female. 

"Y-yeah...okay" Jane huffed out, lifting her shaking arm lightly and gave the alien a thumbs up then left her arm fall back down onto the grass. Malika watched the female with a smile and looked over at the two men sitting under the shade of a tree. Nightblood and Maki were their names. She's known Nightblood for a few years now and was surprised when he came to her planet with his brother and his mate.

Malika was also surprised when Jane showed her powers to the alien and was honored that Nightblood would come all this way to ask her to train his mate. The Obsidian wouldn't go easy on Jane just because she was Nightblood's mate. But, it seemed that Jane didn't want to be babied and wanted to learn everything and anything about her new powers. Malika looked over at the female still on her back, but she was now looking at her hands, flames lazily flowing from her fingertips as well as her palm. Jane has gotten much better over the past few weeks. She wouldn't have been able to do that a few weeks ago. A few weeks ago, she would have just made a tiny flame and then it would be gone in a second. But now, as Malika watched Jane make the flame bigger then smaller, she knew that Jane would master using fire. 

But, Jane still had a long way to go. When she gets frustrated or mad, the flames can get out of control and she can hurt people. So, she needs to learn how to get control of her feelings before she can leave. 

"Malika," said alien turned to look over at Nightblood who was walking over with Maki. 

"Yes, Nightblood?" 

"When will Jane be ready?" the Obsidian looked at her old friend with a small sigh then looked back at Jane who was now laying on her stomach, yawning and stretching like a cat. Maki was now sitting by her and she smiled as Jane laid across his lap and began talking softly. 

"She still has much to learn. But, she should be done in about a month or two. If she really wants to master the flames, she would need to learn for years. But, it seems you all don't have years. So, I will teach her all I know in two months."

Nightshade nodded and looked over at his brother and mate. A few months to teach Jane all about her fire powers. Then it's on to the next ones until she knows everything. This will be an interesting journey. But for now, he will stay with her and help in any way he can. After all, that's what lovers do. 

*********

So....This chapter took a long ass time to get done. I got distracted, then didn't want to continue, then I wanted to but got distracted writing it. Now finally it's done! Sorry it took so long to finish. The last chapter shouldn't take as long...but, I don't know. Yes, this is a shorter chapter but it's a chapter so yeah. Anyway, if you have any questions, concerns, or just want to say hi. Message me and I'll try to get back to you! Bye-Bye *waves*