chapter two // slap

Your eyes teared up as you saw Renjun, hands intertwined with the school queenka, Min Areum.

Who am I kidding, Areum is the prettiest person I know. of course Renjun would pick her over me.

Oblivious to you was that areum had been observing you, clearly annoyed that you were staring at them.

She stormed in your direction, Renjun following her dumbfoundedly as she stood infront of you, an angry expression painted on her face.

"Do you mind? We're having our private time but you keep staring, what's with you?" She yelled at your face. Other students have gathered around, whispering to each other.

"What? Can't say anything?" She smirked. Her arms crossed as she stared you down.

You gave her a stoic expression, fighting back the urge to slap her, because you know that renjun would get more mad at you than he already is.

"The only reason why I was staring was because I thought I saw harambe holding hands with renjunㅡ oh wait, how silly of me, it was just you."

Areum gasped and slapped you. A familiar pain lingering in your body, though through the pain, you managed to let out a laugh.

"You should control your temper, you make it seem that you're just saying things to get people mad, when you yourself are too insecure to stay composed." You let out a smile and looked at renjun, your smile turning into a look of sadness as you were quite disappointed that he didn't stand up for you, but you shouldn't have expected much in the first place.

you turned on your heel and sauntered past the crowd of students, making your way to the school's rooftop.