chapter five // miss you [finale]

renjun gasped for air as he woke up, he looked around, frantically looking for you when he remembered, he's at your funeral.

you died of stage four lung cancer, without anyone knowing that you had it, because no one was looking after you, everyone had always thought of themselves, yet you, who had cancer, who battled everyday, still cared for others more than you cared for yourself.

it made renjun realize that he regretted being harsh to you, he regretted not standing up for you, he regretted not picking you instead of areum and he regretted not forgiving you when you were still alive.

he blamed himself, he should have noticed the words you said to him, those words that hinted that you were dying, but he was too dense to realize.

and he wasn't even there when you had your last breath, he was too busy sulking at home because of areum. he was too blinded by areum that he failed to know that you needed him, you wanted to tell him that you loved him, yet you left too soon, without even saying goodbye.

but now, only now that he noticed his mistakes, now that you were gone, but that's what people say, "you'd only notice someone when they are gone".

and they were right.

renjun stood up, he walked to your casket and looked at your angelic face through the glass, you looked most beautiful than ever.

"hi minjae. i know that you probably hate me but i'm here to say that i'm sorry and i..love you... i know that it's too late to say it now but i've been to blinded by my love for areum that i failed as a friend to protect you, to comfort you and to save you. i'm really sorry..and i wish that i could've said this to you earlier, but for now, goodbye..my love."

renjun's tears fell from his cheeks and onto the glass, his eyes getting glossy and his nose turning pink.

"i know you'll miss minjae but we have to let her go now." minjae's mom put her hand on renjun's shoulder and nodded at the men beside minjae's casket, before they put the casket on a platform and lowered her coffin down.

the guests mourned in grief and sorrow as they threw white roses on minjae's casket, her favorite flower.

renjun also threw his aswell, tears still cascading down his face,

"i will miss you my love."

end

thank you so much for supporting 'goodbye'. i will publish an explanation following this chapter and i hope you continue to support me and my book. once again, thank you.