chapter three // apologize

you sat at the school's rooftop, tears flowing down your cheeks as you reminisced about your past friendship with renjun, when he would still acknowledge your presence, when he would make silly jokes with you until he made you laugh, and when he would think of you as the most precious person in his life.

regret rushed over you as you soon realized that it was your fault, if you wouldn't of been selfish, if you would have just put your feelings aside, then he would have still acknowledged your presence, he would have still made silly jokes with you until he made you laugh, and he would have still thought of you as the most precious person in his life.

flashback

you sighed as you faced renjun, a nervous smile on your lips as you thought of what words to say. after some time, you gathered all your thoughts and confessed,

"r-renjun i like you. not as a friend, but more than that, i see you in a way that i have hopelessly fallen in love with you. will you accept my feelings?" you noticed renjun's face turn into a scowl. he scoffed and looked at you with a glare.

"do you really think i would accept your feelings? you know that i like areum but why are you still pushing yourself towards me? did you really think all those gestures i did were signs of love? please, i was only doing it because i was being nice, don't take it the wrong way. goodbye." he left you, and this time, you knew you had screwed up.

end of flashback

you stood up, with the thought of getting renjun back. you looked at your watch and saw that you still had eight minutes before break ends, all you had to do was find renjun and apologize, even if you'd only come as friends, you would still like it better than him ignoring you.