explanation

okay so, in the few chapters of this book, i have dropped some hints here and there.

in every chapter, i have highlighted the word goodbye, whether it was from minjae or renjun. indicating that someone was going to leave, but will never come back, hence the description of this book.

minjae had cancer ever since the day after renjun rejected her feelings, it was only stage one cancer, though she didn't tell renjun or her parents.

then it got worse, she stressed herself too much because of renjun so her cancer got worse and she was on the verge of dying. her last day living was when she got into a small fight with areum, she was seizing the moment because she knew that it'll be her last.

when areum had a familiar pain in her body when she got slapped, she was talking about her lungs, thats why it said 'in her body' and not 'on her cheek',  and when she talked about the burning sensation in her chest, she was reffering to her lungs slowly failing.

when she went to chase after renjun, she fainted after passing the school gates, because she exhausted herself too much, but she couldn't breathe properly so she died at the hospital, after so much effort from the doctors.

on the last chapter, it was revealed that renjun was only dreaming, an effect of him trying to turn back time to fix his mistakes, but woke up because of the harsh reality of your death.