Embrace

[Red's POV]

"Green...?"

We were both frozen and didn't move a muscle from our situation.

It felt a bit embarrassing but, I learn to not express too much which Green probably didn't notice.

As for Green... He's sort of easy to read.

Green muttered something loud enough for only me to hear "Shit..." I felt startled by his choice of vocabulary. Green isn't the type of Trainer to lose his cool.

I remembered watching that Tv show while Green was getting ready for the party. It was a romance drama, in this situation the girl would wrap her arms around her partner for some reason.

I did just as she did and wrapped my arms around Green's neck, which made him panic.

"Wh-What are you doing!?" Green nervously asked, I honestly didn't understand what this meant in the drama. I didn't see much, somehow I felt in this situation to embrace Green just like the main character did.

I placed my head against Green's chest and held him "I want to hug you...." Green flinched from my embraced and stood still for a moment. Maybe I did do something wrong, am I not hugging right?

"You're so damn irritating!" Green claimed and suddenly hugged me back. I didn't know how I'm suppose to feel but, is it wrong to say that at this moment I feel warm from Green's arms around me. Somehow it's comforting and I wish he would never let go of me.

We are only pretending to date so...

This isn't normal, right?

[Green's POV]

Why is Red just staring at me!? At least say something!

Red stop staring at me a moment later and instead, wrapped his arms around me and held me in an embrace.

A hug? This is something out of the ordinary for Red, is he trying to practice? I didn't really care for Red's reason, somehow his embrace felt refreshing and I didn't want it to stop.

I guess I did a hug from all the drama that's going on?

I moved in close to Red and hugged him back. Feelings his cold arms around me, watching how bright his face became and this all somehow puts me at ease. How come I've never noticed this? I know we are rivals but, perhaps the reason why I feel this way is because I rely on Red's trust?

"Red..." I whispered his name, Red felt curious, asking "What is it?" he questioned.

I replied "This isn't weird, right?" I asked because we are rivals and yet, we are holding each other like lost childhood friends.

Red quietly whispered back "I'm not sure... But I don't want it to end..." he said, squeezing his hands against my jacket.

I don't understand why Red is doing this? It's only been one day, so much had happened.

First, Red wanted me to pretend to be his lover for a girl he likes.

Second, we got invited to a party and to my surprise, Red didn't object to it.

Lastly, I'm hugging the only rival I've been trying to defeat since day one!

It's like out rivalry didn't matter anymore at this moment. What truly matter now, was the both of us comforting one another. I wonder if Red feels lonely, he lives in the mountain without no one to talk to except Pikachu.

Suddenly I heard Red whisper "Do you think it's weird that I don't wish to stop?" he asked, brushing his hair against my neck.

"Red, what are you-!?" I flinched a bit from Red's gestures, his hair feels so soft. I guess I never noticed because he wears that stupid hat all the time. I slowly reached my hand up against Red's hair. Feeling his dark threadlike hair and admired how soft it was against my hand.

Another thing I hate about Red, is that even his hair is admirable than mine. It's funny, I don't seem to mind that I'm the only one that knows even though, the girls he hanged with sort of felt Red's hair already. The one thing those girls can't feel is how genuinely cold Red is and that he becomes more warm with me wrapped around him.

"Ahem! I hope we weren't interrupting you too~"

"HUH!?" Red and I flinched, moving our focus toward the mysterious voice.

"G-Gold!?" I shouted.

Gold smirked at us and the surprising part was that he wasn't by himself. Silver was right next to him with his usual moody behavior.

Gold smirked "So, Green? Enjoyed embracing Red, huh? Is it a new hobby or something?" he asked with a devilish smile.

I shouted "SHUT UP!" I clenched my fist against my head and realized what I was doing.

What the hell was I thinking!? I sound like some teenager with a crush!? Why did I think it was admirable that Red's hair was comforting!? A-Am I sick!? Did I think to much of this fake relationship? Does Red think I'm acting strange!?

Damn, I'm so confused now...

Red asked "Gold? What are you doing in this area?" he wondered and so did I.

Gold fold his arms "That's a good question Red! Silv, what was I doing here?" he asked Silver instead of answering himself.

Silver replied harshly "How the hell should I know, dumbass?" Gold smirked and suddenly whispered something in Silver's ear. Surprisingly, Silver's face became red and he averted his eyes from Gold which confused me a lot.

What the hell is with these two?

Gold continued "Enough about me! I can see there's a story in why you two are holding each other like a couple!" he laughed.

I jumped and released Red out of my grasp "I-I... Th-This isn't what it looks like!" I stuttered.

Gold winked "Sure it isn't~" he chuckled annoyingly.

I became angry and shouted, pulling my hair back "Of course not! I wouldn't date a silent dead person!" I flinched from my harsh words and felt something strange. I turned around and saw a dark aura surrounding Red.

"Oh… That's true, Green wouldn't date a dead person…" Red said in a serious tone, as if he was hurt. Crap! I-I'm screwed!

I panicked "L-Look Red! I-I didn't…. I didn't mean…I-I'm sorry…" that's all I could say to Red, I didn't know how to explain why I said hurtful words to him more clearly.

Then I heard Gold laughing "Well, shit! Looks like Red's getting pissed at gym leader, Green! Hahaha!!" Silver interrupted Gold and punched him roughly enough to bring him to his knees.

Gold whined "S-Silv!! W-Whyyy??" he cried out.

Silver glared at him "Shut the hell up! Green and Red, forgive Gold for his stupidity. I'm afraid that Gold hasn't learned enough manners back where he lives..." Silver bluntly said.

Gold looked offended "WHAT!? Hey! I have manners!" he grunted like an angry dog.

"Please continue to enjoy the party as much you like" he said, respectfully bowing to us and dragging Gold far from the party's direction.

I could still hear Gold whining "Silv! Where are you taking me!? I promise to behave!"

Silver shouted "Shut the hell up, you idiot! And don't call me Silv!" the two disappeared into the hall, becoming silent and empty.

Red spoke out "I'll be going now…" I watched Red slowly walking away from me but, I quickly grasp onto Red's wrist.

"Where are you going? We're not done!" I shouted, tightening my grip on Red.

Then Red drew his face close to me "Did you forget? No one talks to a "silent, dead person"…. Right?" he whispered, letting me go and returning back to the party.

Watching Red leave this way, felt strange to me somehow. Red's as cold and distant with me like he usually is, but suddenly it feels unsatisfying.

It feels empty...

"Red..."