Ch. 13: The Feast of All Sinners

That same night after the Hollow had taken over Hope, everyone was gathered in the ballroom of the compound to talk about the plan, except for Hayley, who was out there looking for Hope/The Hollow.

"The Hollow has been haunting New Orleans for centuries," Vincent told us. "It's an unending evil. Its appetite for power in insatiable. And that's what attracted it to your little girl."

"You said there was a way to save her," I told him.

"There is, but I'm gonna tell you right now, you are not gonna like my plan," Vincent told us. "Step one, we pull the Hollow out of Hope. Step two, we find someplace else to put it. But with the book gone, I need a place that's both powerful and and eternal. And in order to make the transition work, I'm going to need something that's connected to Hope through blood."

"You need a vampire," Marcel told him. 

"You want to put the Hollow into one of my siblings?" Freya asked.

"One ain't gonna cut it," Vincent told us. "I'm gonna need four of them."

"Why four of us?" Elijah asked.

"Well, 1500 years ago when the Hollow was first killed, they divided her remains," Vincent answered. "Four bones, four volunteers, four different locations. That's how we're going to beat the Hollow now."

"Transferring the Hollow's power into four immortal vampires," Freya told us.

"And just send us on our way?" Rebekah asked.

"So the evil is drawn, quartered and separated for all time," Marcel told us.

"And you have to go your separate ways," Vincent told us. "And you have to stay separate for all time. You can never see each other again. You can never go near each other again. That is the only way that we're going to beat the Hollow."

The siblings were horrified, though they knew that they didn't have any other choices at the moment.

Klaus sighed, taking a moment to respond. "Well, if it will save my little girl, then we will make it so."

    **** 

Marcel went to get Sofya's help, while the Mikaelsons were trying to get Kol back in town.

I went to Rousseau's, holding a meeting with vampires and witches, looking at my phone that showed a picture of Hope. "I just texted all of you a photo. Now, scour the city. That means everyone is searching everywhere. Witches, check the Cauldron. Vampires, search the Quarter."

Everyone stood to leave.

Dominic led a few followers of the Hollow into the restaurant to face all of us.

I looked at Dominic in shock, reeling from the fact that he was alive, again, after being killed twice.

"Hello, Noah," Dominic told me.

I sighed, rolling my eyes. "You've got to be kidding me."

"Goodbye, Noah," Dominic told me.

I rushed toward Dominic. Dominic and the witches behind him used magic to throw me back across the restaurant, into the wall, making me fall. They caused all of the vampires in the room a massive pain infliction spell that brought everyone to their knees, yelling and groaning in pain, snapping our necks to make us fall unconscious.

    **** 

I woke up before any of the other vampires did, talking to Marcel and Sofya.