A dream come true

Yuna p.o.v

Today had been really dull, feitan had been avoiding me or it felt like he was. All the kids were out and about and I had chosen to stay inside all day, Masano came into the room and smiled at me "hey Yuna" I smiled back "yo" Masano kneeled down beside me "say would you be able to do me a favour?" I nodded slowly "sure, it's not like I'm doing anything better" she grinned "thanks a bunch! Could ya go into town and get us some of these things on the list?" I nodded confidently this time "yup!" She handed me the list with some money "take your time and enjoy some air Yuna, it's a great day today" I skipped out the door "I will!" The door closed behind me and I began the long walk to town.

????? P.o.v

I'll kill Feitan as soon as he returns from wherever the hell he's gone and then wait till nightfall to kill Yuna. It's a good thing that they've distanced themselves from each other for whatever reason. The sooner I finish the job the sooner I can leave this hellhole and bratty kids. With Yuna in town, dealing with Feitan will be easy. Doesn't matter if one of the other kids witnesses it, they can be dealt with quickly. I chuckled to myself, the pay will be great and I can see the promotion on the horizon.

Yuna p.o.v

Masano was right. Today was a really nice day. Despite the nice weather I felt like something terrible was going to happen, it had been bothering me ever since I woke up. Something in the air just wasn't settling right. I was so lost in my thoughts I managed to bump into someone, I fell back "I-I-I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention!" It was a tall and deathly pale man with a strange tattoo of a cross on his forehead. He smiled "it's alright, no harm done. I wasn't paying attention either, here" he held out his hand and pulled me back to my feet. As soon as our hands touched I could see everything. He was a dangerous man with a lot of time left. His name was Chrollo and for some reason Feitan was in his memories, in the future as well as presently. I gasped and stumbled back, his expression changed slightly "that's an interesting power you've got there, mind telling me a little bit about it?" I shook my head "oh come on, not even a little detail?" I shook my head as he edged closer I edged further back until I turned around and ran as fast as I could go. I looked back and he was still standing there with a smile on his face. I needed to warn Feitan about him, if Feitan was for what ever reason involved with him. I went on for another few blocks just in case he had followed me and then began making my way back to the orphanage.

Random p.o.v

"Will you be able to do it?" The boy scoffed "it'll be the easiest thing I've ever done" I didn't trust him, Chrollo had discovered him one day and had taken interest in his power. Not only that but his sheer strength and cold bloodedness. He couldn't be that old, definitely still a kid. But a kid with this much power is dangerous. When the boss came back today he seemed like he was in a trance "boss..you okay? You've been pretty quiet this whole time" he looked up "I encountered death today, death in the form of a child" was he scared? "What do you mean boss?" He leaned his head back and closed his eyes "there's another being out there with great power. One day they'll have the ability to kill us all, I wanted to know about their power, even have them join us but they ran away before I could even get a word out of them. Nevermind I'm sure we'll cross paths again some day." It always put me on edge when the boss was like this. It wouldn't be fate that made the paths crossed again. He would make it impossible for them not to meet again. Once they've caught his attention there's no way they'll be able to avoid him. "What kind of power did they have?" Chrollo's grin widened "she can see into your mind like it's an open book, she can only see parts of it though for some reason, I assume because it's under-developed but with time it will polish, for now though she can only see certain things. When we meet again she will have hopefully awoken it to its best potential" he really was infatuated with this power. The boss looked over to our newest member Feitan "are you ready for tonight?" Feitan nodded without hesitation "are you going to spare your friend? The two of you seemed close from what we've seen" again he nodded showing no signs of emotion "if she gets in my way I'll kill her. If not then she'll survive with luck on her side she won't be there at all" this kid gave me the chills. "Let us begin then" Chrollo grinned as we all began making our way to the orphanage.

Masano p.o.v

My real name is Chihiro Masano. I've been working as someone who runs an orphanage and takes care of the children that go there. Really I'm an assassin that was sent there to kill any children with great power that could go berserk in the future or it was just children that needed to disappear for different reasons. I'd been given a list already of those that needed to be disposed of and as time went on more names came through the post and more bodies piled up. Some however had disappeared with no trace which bothered me but then more names would appear to fill the disappointment. My list is this:

Chiyo Aramante-Deadly power- Terminated age 11
Showed signs of unstable powers combined, therefore terminated.
Tenya Akano- illegitimate child of politician-Terminated age 4
Product of an affair, could give politician bad image, therefore terminated
Lin Tsechiko-potential murderer- Terminated age 9
Murderers were common in her bloodline therefore terminated before it could happen.
Dylan Teschiko- Twin to Lin Teschiko- Terminated age 9
Potential in both twins therefore must be terminated
Utaka Leros- Unstable Power- terminated age 5
Power could destroy entire cities if allowed to develop therefore terminated
Yuna Zoldyck- deadly power and illegitimate child- Pending current age:12
Needs to be terminated immediately before power can fully develop. High level threat. Illegitimate child of Zoldwicks therefore must be terminated before family inheritances can occur. Could become a worldwide danger if not terminated immediately.
Unknown-Deadly power- Pending current age: is unknown but is around 15
Mysterious refuge discovered in Meteor city, nothing known of parents or where he originally came from. Shown signs of unstable power which could be used for evil. Name given-Feitan. Must be terminated immediately after killing other power deadly children. Has shown signs of murderous intent.

This was only a small fraction of what I've done. As soon as I've cleared up the rest who are pending this list as well as countless other lists will be sent to the government to show them the dark reality of the underworld. Although it may get me killed, the public must know what has been going on behind the scenes of their wonderful city. It's disgusted me having to do this to children but these children would have one day become ruthless killers and causes of mass chaos therefore what I have done is really a cleansing. I've cleansed the city of its sins and created a peaceful paradise for those to come. This was the only way for that to happen.

I stopped writing and leaned back in my chair and sighed. I looked out the window and seen that the sun was now setting quickly. It sure was quiet for once. Why is it so quiet? A creak in the floorboard made me swivel around quickly with a throwing knife at the ready. Feitan was leaning against the doorframe with his hands tucked firmly into his pockets "your very jumpy aren't you? Doing something you shouldn't be doing? Or are you guilty already?" I kept my guard up and put on a false smile "whatever are you talking about? Have you seen Yuna? I gave her a list of things I needed her to b-" I stopped when I realised there was blood all over his clothes, his sleeves were rolled up revealing blood all down his arms, he smiled sadistically and took one hand out "what's the matter? You look petrified" his voice was calm yet chilling. His expression didn't match his tone or the rest of his body language, I took my chance and launched the knife directly at his head. He moved quickly and disappeared "shit" I muttered "when did he learn to do tha-" a cold hand wrapped around my throat from behind "that wasn't very nice now was it?" He whispered into my ear, the cold grip tightened, I struggled around to try and break the grip but nothing was working. In my panic I wondered how a child could possibly be killing me as I flailed around trying to get him off I managed to stumble through the paper walls and tumbled out into the hall causing him to let go in order to stay balanced. "Who the hell are you?!" I gasped he stepped rough the hole and looked down at me "I could ask you the same thing, what were your true intentions? You could tell me now and save yourself the world of pain to come" I tried getting to my feet but slipped on something on the floor I looked around and realised the place was a mess. Blood spatter was everywhere, handprints of the dying were smeared all over the walls. The smell was awful and overpowering making me gag "I thought you were a professional assassin, it's pitiful how your reacting to all this death. Aren't you used to it?" This brat. I pulled another knife out and this time swung for his neck but again he dodged quickly but not quick enough, I grabbed his arm and snapped it back hearing the click as the bones shattered throughout it. He winced but otherwise didn't react. I sent out a kick which made his ribs crack and sent him flying back into a wall "you've done it now" he began to laugh like a maniac and then his power began to manifest. I felt the fear inside me as the ball of flames got bigger and bigger and then boom.

Sorry for the long wait please keep reading! I'll be updating more frequently now that the school holidays are happening ☺️