The New Yorker

Hayden's POV

I sat in the back of class completely distracted by the boy in front of me. Who is he?

I looked back at my notes and thought to myself "Hayden you have Shawn stop thinking about this boy and write your notes."

I nodded and tried concentrating back on my work.

I wrote my notes and the boy turned around.

I met the gaze of his beautiful brown eyes. He smiled and said "Can I borrow a pencil?"

I nodded and gave him one of the many pencils I had in my bag.

I quickly looked away and got back to my notes. Kevin met my gaze and mouthed "Stop." I then got my phone out and text him "stop what?"

He instantly text back "you have shawn for fucks sake."

I looked at him I was angry.

"im not in the wrong here I gave him a goddamn pencil. thats it."

Kevin rolled his eyes and text me once again.

"that's all it is now."

He then put his phone away and I was mad at him for this.

I couldn't stop thinking about this boy in front of me.

It's almost like he has some sort of spell on me.

*Lunch*

It was now lunch and I was sitting at the table. I don't see my siblings at there school for lunch anymore because I don't have a need too.

As I sat at my usual table with my friends we talked.

Red looked at us all and said "So you know that new kid? The New Yorker?" We all nodded waiting to see where she was going with this.

"Well I heard he's having a party at his house tonight and I wanted to see if you guys wanted to go."

I looked at Red wide eyed and said "I can't. Sorry, I have to be home."

They don't know what my home life is like because I don't want them to leave me once they see that I'm a "Mum".

They then begged me to go and I denied every time.

The day went on with them nagging me left and right begging and begging for me to go with them.

Once the day ended and I had to leave they still didn't stop. I got in my jeep and got text after text of them begging me to go.