Family - A Neville Longbottom Story

Hi. I'm Athena Megan Tonks, though I prefer Megan, or Megs. I am a half-blood witch, and former student of Hogwarts. My sister is, or was, Nymphadora Tonks and I am aunt to her beautiful son, Teddy, who comes to stay with me once a week. In my 5th year at Hogwarts, I fell in love with Neville Longbottom, and we have been together ever since. We finally moved in together last year, in Hogsmeade, where I help out in Zonkos Joke Shop, an extension to Weasley's Wizard Wheezes in Diagon Alley, and Neville works as the part time Herbology teacher up at the school, helping Professor Sprout. I should also mention that, like my sister, I am a metamorphmagus and, although my hair is usually a rainbow colour, I can change it as and when I need, though it changes itself if I am having an extreme mood change.

I was a Gryffindor, despite Tonks being a Hufflepuff and our mum being a Slytherin. I don't think mum was disappointed, in fact I think she was just proud to have two daughters who were confident enough to be themselves, especially considering her family disowned her for marrying dad, a muggle-born wizard. Growing up with Tonks was great. Even though she was 8 when I was born, we had the same sense of humour, the same relaxed attitude to things. I was in Ginny Weasley's year at school, she is my best friend and I spent many summers at The Burrow. I was a bit wary about asking Neville out, because Ginny had gone with him to the Yule Ball two years before and had a bit of a crush on him, but she said it was ok, she could tell we liked each other and anyway, she fancied Harry. We were n Dumbledore's Army together and in our 6th year, Neville, Ginny and I tried to sneak into the Headmaster's office to steal the sword of Gryffindor. Of course that turned out to be a fake and we got caught. Snape punished us, but we were let off quite lightly, compared to how I was expecting. The Carrow's were in charge of punishments at that time and they were terrifying. I still have a scar on my back from where they tortured me one day. I hadn't done my homework properly and they weren't happy. They used the Cruciatus curse on me, for 5 minutes straight, before I fell off the step I was on and cut my lower back open on a chair leg. I had to spend a week in the hospital wing for that, but Neville visited every day. We went into hiding after that, in the Room of Requirement with other students from Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. It became quite a little community. Things weren't too great to start with, but once the portrait opened up and a passage was created by the Room into The Hog's Head, things became a little better. Neville became a completely different person, he was our unspoken leader, along with Seamus Finnegan and Dean Thomas. Dean was in hiding because he was a muggle-born; the Carrows held a special kind of hatred for muggle-borns. Of course, then Harry turned up on 1st May and the Second Wizarding War held it's final battle. You-Know-Who was defeated once and for all, but despite all our victories, we had our losses. Fred Weasley was killed, as were Tonks and her husband, Remus Lupin. Neville was amazing though. He was the one who killed You-Know-Who's snake, with the sword of Gryffindor. When he became mortal and Harry defeated him, I kissed Neville like I had never kissed him before. We fell into each other arms, grinning and I never left them.
A year later, 2nd May 1999, The Weasley family introduced their first grandchild into the world. Bill and Fleur's daughter, Victoire, named so because she was born on the first anniversary of the end of the war. We went to the christening, where Ginny was named as her godmother and it was beautiful.
Now we are in our little house on the Main Street of Hogsmeade, right next door to Honeydukes sweet shop.