Asking The Question

Megs
The sun shone brightly through the curtains and the birds were chirping away in the trees outside. I stretched and rolled over in bed, sleepily greeting my boyfriend, Neville.
        "Mmm, morning gorgeous. I love waking up to that face."
        "Wish I could say the same," yawned Neville. I whacked him with a pillow, laughing. "Oi, what was tha....... oh, right. Yeah I meant I wish I enjoyed my sleepy face as much as you do, Megs," he laughed back.
        "Hhmm, I think I deserve a nice cup of tea in bed for that," I smiled. Neville went downstairs to put the kettle on, and I lay back on the soft, warm, fluffy pillows, not wanting to get out of bed. It was August, so Zonko's had shut down for the summer while there were no students. George still had Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes open in Diagon Alley, so it wasn't as if we were closed completely. But living in Hogsmeade was certainly quiet during the summer months.
        "So what are our plans for today babe?" I asked Neville, as he came back upstairs with two cups of tea and crawled back into bed with me. "We haven't got Teddy till next week, mum says he wants to stay at Harry and Ginny's for a few extra days." Teddy, my nephew, was 5 now and like his mum and I, was a metamorphmagus, but he looked so much like his dad, Remus.
        "Ooh, I don't know," Neville mumbled, as he pressed his face into my hair, kissing my neck. "Maybe stay here a bit longer and then go out for lunch?"
        "Now that sounds like a plan," I smiled, as I wrapped my arms round him and threw the covers over our heads.

Neville
As I walked downstairs to make Meg's cup of tea, I was feeling slightly nervous. Ok, make that alot nervous. We had been together for 7 years, but this was to be the most nerve wracking day of our lives. So far, of course. I tried to remember where I hid it. Ah yes, it's ok, it's safe. I made my way back up the stairs with the two cups of tea, and crawled back into bed. Megs was looking so beautiful this morning. I couldn't help but start kissing her neck and shoulders.

Megs
A few hours later, we were dressed (finally) and on our way to the Three Broomsticks. Madame Rosmerta took our order and we sat down at a table in the corner.
        "What's on your mind, sweetie?" I asked Neville.
        "Hmm, oh nothing, just thinking about how beautiful you are."
        "Ok, what are you after?" I smiled. Before he could answer, Rosmerta brought our butterbeers over.
        "Here you go, my dears. That'll be 4 sickles." Neville handed the money over. "I remember when you two started coming in here, all those years ago. Now look at you, living here, together, all grown up. My, doesn't time fly." She bustled off, talking to herself. Neville and I looked at each other and smiled. We finished our drinks and stood up.
        "Come on, let's go for a walk," suggested Neville. We walked hand-in-hand out of the bar, and started to head up towards Hogwarts gates. We stopped just outside them.
        "Athena Megan Tonks," Neville turned to me. I  looked at him, curiously. Why was he calling me by my full name? "We have been together for a very long time now and I can honestly say, I have never been happier than when I am with you. I love you so much. Will you make me the happiest man in the world, and marry me?" He got down on one knee and held out a ring.
        "Oh Neville, it's, its......." I started to say, tears rolling down my face.
        "Say yes."
        "Yes, yes of course I will marry you." I squealed. He placed the ring on my finger, then stood up and I flung my arms around him, kissing him. "I love you so much," I smiled.
        "I love you too, Megs," he said, smiling into my hair.