One Year Later

Megs

It had been a year since we went to see Neville's parents, to tell them about our engagement. After we left the hospital, Neville broke down into tears in my arms. I just held him and we stayed like that for a good 10 minutes or so.

        "Thankyou Megs," he said, shakily, when he lifted his head from my shoulder. "I love you so much."

        "I love you too sweetheart," I replied, wiping away the tears from his eyes.

Now it was August 2004, and I was sat with Ginny and Hermione, trying to put the last bits of the wedding plans together. We had already set a date - 18th December 2004. It was the day after the school broke up for the Christmas holidays.

        "Are you still ok to be my Maid of Honour?" I asked Ginny.

        "Actually, I need to speak to you about that," she replied, a little nervously. "Hermione and I have been talking and we both wondered if you would be ok with Hermione taking that role. Oh, there's nothing wrong," she added hastily, "in fact everything is just perfect."

        "What do you mean?"

        "Well, we aren't telling many people, but Harry and I are expecting," she said, putting a hand on her belly. "I'm only a couple of months gone, we think I'm due about March or April time, but it means I may not be able to fit into the bridemaid dress, or if I am having morning sickness, I really don't want to upstage you on your day."

        "Oh Gin, that's fabulous," I squealed, quietly. "Of course I don't mind. Hermione I would love that. I only asked Ginny first because......"

        "It's fine, Megs, you don't need to explain," smiled Hermione. "I'm just so pleased to be involved in you special day. Especially with you marrying Neville. He was so shy at school, we never thought he would find anyone. You two are so perfect together."

        "Thankyou," I said. "Oh wow, this year is going to be so amazing. What does Harry say about it all?" I asked Ginny.

        "He fainted like a little girl when I told him I was pregnant," she laughed. "But once he got over the shock, he was so happy. I've quit the Holyhead Harpies now neither of us thought it would be a good idea to be playing Quidditch while pregnant. I actually quit last year, when we were trying. We didn't tell anyone though, didn't want them going over the top. You know what mum can be like!" 

        "Have you told Bill yet?" Bill was the only ones of the Weasley's to become a father. Victoire was 5, Dominique was 2 and Louis was a few months old.

        "No, we are going to tell everyone when I start showing a bit more. Though Fleur has been fantastic. She says that when Harry and I do start our family, we can borrow some of their things."

I looked over at my husband-to-be and smiled. He was sat with Ron, Harry, Dean and Seamus, sorting out his part of the wedding. Dean was to be his bestman. We also had Victoire as one of my bridesmaids, something she was very excited about, and Teddy would be with Dean; he wanted to be Neville's best man, so we came to a little agreement. He could help Dean do the job, they were both happy about that - thankfully!! We were both sad that Neville's parents wouldn't be able to join us, but we had arranged something special, a little surprise for everyone.

Neville

In four months, I was going to marry the girl of my dreams. Ever since I first saw her, in the common room, I knew she would one day be mine. Dean and Seamus used to tease me - all lighthearted, but they soon shut up when she kissed me. Ginny was the one who had encouraged me to ask her out, she said Megan had been bugging her to speak to me, that she fancied me, but didn't know how to tell me. Imagine that - someone who was shy around me! I think the first time she kissed me, I was so shocked I didn't know what to do. I was sat round the fireplace with Dean, watching Ron, Harry, Hermione and Ginny play exploding snap when Megan came and sat next to me. She had her hair long and black that day, I swear it was down by her waist. I don't even know what we were talking about, just that one moment we were talking and laughing, and then the next her lips were on mine. I felt as though my whole body had butterflies and shocks right through it, my heart skipped a beat (or few). Her lips were so soft and warm and gentle. I pulled away after what could have been a few seconds, or a couple of minutes - I wasn't sure - and looked her in the eyes.

        "Do you want to go for a walk?" I smiled.

        "Sure." We walked out of the common room, with at least 6 pairs of eyes on us and I didn't care one little bit. We found a deserted corridor and I sat on the window ledge. Megs turned to me. "Neville, I, er....."

        "Megan, I like you too," I grinned.

        "Well that's good then," she said, and I pulled her towards me, wrapped my arms round her waist and her lips crashed onto mine, softly, but hungrily, her fingers running through my hair.

        "Now, what do we have here?"

        "Oh sod off Malfoy, I'm not in the mood for this now," I said, pulling Megan closer to me.

        "Ooh, Longbottom, showing off in front of the little woman," the slime ball replied. "Not very nice, and certainly not you."

        "I don't care anymore, Malfoy. Leave me alone. Leave us both alone." I glared him down, until he left with his two gorilla shaped body guards. If I'm honest, I think it was adrenaline still flowing through me from kissing the prettiest girl in school.

        "Megan, will you be my girlfriend?"

        "I would love to, Neville Longbottom," she replied, kissing me again. I could have moved mountains that day, and here I was, 8 years later, about to be shown that she could make me even happier than I could have ever imagined.