chapter 3

An hour had past since the walker attack on the camp and I had already been introduced to everyone and was sitting on a log watching the rest of the group freak out about Jim, who had been bitten, I was using the rest of my water to wash off the blood on Alpha. Daryl raised a pickaxe and was about to bring it down on jim's head when rick aimed a gun at him. "We don't kill the living" he said to Daryl. "Thats funny coming from a guy who's pointin a gun to my head." Daryl told him. I smirked at his comment. 

After a moment Daryl threw the pickaxe on the ground and stormed off. He was tromping around the camp but still kept an eye on Jim. Like he would turn right then. Jacqie led jim to the RV where he would be staying for a little while he was... dieing. 

I helped everyone pack up and we were ready to go with in 30 minutes. 

One of the family's were separating from the rest of the group the morales family. They gave out hugs and everyone said their goodbyes and then everyone loaded into their cars. Alpha and I got into a truck with Daryl, seeing as how its the only space they had left for us.

We drove for hours and stopped on the side of the road. "There gonna leave jim here to die. If you wanna say yer goodbye's now's the time" Daryl told me. I shrugged "I didn't know him" he gave me an angry look. "The man's diein" I gave him a serious look and asked in a very monotone voice "Weren't you the one who was trying to put an axe in his head?" he huffed at me and got out of the truck, he slammed the door shut and I watched him walk over to Jim who was now leaning against a tree. 

 They talked for a bit and I just sat in the passenger's side, petting Alpha who was in the middle, waiting to get back on the road. I saw Rick give Jim a gun. Then a few people talked to him and they all returned back to their cars. Daryl again huffed at me as he got back into the drivers side of the truck. "So where are we supposed to be headin anyway?" I asked, I didn't want to go anywhere that I didn't know would be safe or not. "The CDC" he responded roughly, like he hated talking to me. Which he probably did considering the thing I just said a few minutes ago. It's ok though, s'not like I care

We stayed silent on the ride, it took us a whole day to get there. we were low on gas when we pulled up to the building surrounded by walkers that were just lying on the grass. We all got out (including me and Alpha) and ran to the doors they banged on the big metal doors and screamed at them. "Hey, is anyone here?" Rick called out. The walkers started to get up and Shane called to rick he started pulling him away but Rick stopped "Did you see that? That camera just moved" his eyes widened and he moved to be back in front of the door again. Lori called out to him (rick's wife) "Rick we gotta go, there's nothing here! Please!" but Rick wouldn't listen.

I was helping Daryl take out a few walkers with my swords while Alpha was protecting Carol and Sophia. Shane was continuing to fail at pulling Rick away.

He started screaming at the camera "YOU'RE KILLING US! WE HAVE WOMEN AND CHILDREN! PLEASE!" Shane tried to pull him away again; but the doors opened.

A blindingly bright white light shun thorough. 

We all rushed into the room and a man, who looked like a doctor (due to his white doctors coat) stood before them, "Are any of you bitten or scratched?" he asked us. "We did have one, but he died." Rick told him and Shane spat out "And her, but she's apparently immune" the man thought for a minute. "Grab your stuff, once that door closes, it's not opening again." we all hurried back to our cars and I grabbed my bag. It's the only thing I had, I packed light so I could always be on the move. I grabbed it quick and ran back meeting everyone inside the doors. They all had their things and as soon as I reached the rest of the group the doors closed behind me. Alpha ran under the doors and was next to me before they shut all the way.

We were safe now. The man brought us down to a hallway then into an elevator. We all shuffled inside, the elevator began to move and Carol asked "Are we going down?" the man responded "Are you claustrophobic?" Carol hesitated before saying "A little" he nodded his head in understanding "Try not to think about it" he told her.

The elevator opened up and we all exited it, we were now in a hallway the man escorted us down the hallway and into a lab area where he took a sample of everyone's blood, except Alpha's. He put the blood into the machine and Rick made introductions between him and us. I was the last, "And this is Rin," I nodded my head to him, refusing to shake his hand, i was to weak.  

He recoiled his hand and introduced himself to the whole group while i sat up against the wall with a cotton ball held on the inside of my elbow, just for the blood. "Hello, my name is Dr. Edwin Jenner" ha! I knew he was a doctor! 

"Why didn't you take a sample of my wolf's blood?" I asked him curiously. "Well, we don't know how. But animals have something in them, a specific chromosome that makes them immune to the infection" I smiled and said "Well i must have that too" 

A ding went off in the machine and a paper printed out of the back of it. Jenner went over to it and looked it over. He turned to us while he did so and looked at us, while simultaneously smiling and throwing the paper in a trash bin. "You're all safe, let me show you around" I stood to my feet and followed at the back of the crowd with Alpha, Jenner began talking about the CDC and all the things they had, "This hallway is full of your rooms. Go easy on the showers. Dinner should be served in an hour"

At the mention of a shower I took off running to a room at the very end of the hall. As everyone else had the same idea as me to get a shower we were scattering around like ant's running from a foot. Except Alpha who stood there like a lost dog... which is accurate in this situation. I whistled to let her know where I was and she ran over to me.

I made it into the room and threw my stuff on the bed, then ran to the bathroom and turned it on. I stripted down and got in. If the water was any hotter, it would have blistered my skin. I didn't care though. I haven't had a shower in months. I've been bathing in creeks and streams. I was lucky enough to come across a lake once.

I washed all the dirt and grim off of me and got out of the shower and wrapped myself in a towel. I drew a bath and called Alpha, she hopped in real fast and splashed me with warm water. "Oh my gosh you're so silly" I said to Alpha "It's adorable" but then I heard a voice behind me "And so are you" I whipped around to see Shane standing there in the doorway of my room, his arms crossed on his chest. I retracted my hands from Alpha and put them on my towel, painfully aware that I was naked with only a piece of simple cloth to cover me. I stood to my feet and Shane looked me up and down, much like Merle did on the roof. Only i didn't have my weapons on me so I was NOT going to yell at him like I did Merle. That would be stupid.

"I'm sorry for, yelling at you like that. We just don't know you." he took a step toward me and I sat down on the edge of the bathtub. He uncrossed his arms and stood right in front of me, he put his hands on his knees and got down to eye level with me. "I'll be willing to let you into the group. I'll give you a shot. I'll even treat you like family. But mess up, and your gone." he gave me a warning look and I stood to my feet. He straightened up so he was now towering over my small 5'8 stature to his 6'3 one. "Thank you for giving me the opportunity. But im not asking you to treat me like family. I already have one." I pointed to Alpha who was soaking wet and was standing in a half full tub of water. "And im not going to mess up. Im too good for that" he raised an eyebrow and turned on his heel, he walked out the door and then out of my room. I ran and locked the bathroom door and went back to washing Alpha. 

after I was done I dried her off and we both went to the bedroom where I saw Daryl laying on my bed. I put one hand on my hip and the other on the top of my towel. My hair was still wet so it was dripping down my chest.

"What are you doing in my room?" I asked him. He jumped up from the bed and said "I thought it was empty, i'll leave" I sighed as he picked up his crossbow and was exiting the room. "No, stay. I could use some...human company" I told him, taking a look at my wolf.

I grabbed my bag and went to the bathroom where I got dressed in fresh clothes that I had packed in my bag. Blue jeans, a blue button up, 2 wolf bracelets and a pearl ring, and finally black spike boots.