Chapter 15

Everyone had left by the time I had woken up they went shooting guns, I guess. Well not everyone, just the ones who knew how to defend themselves. So thats means that Carol, Dale, and Lori from our group was staying behind. I didn't want to go because I had my katana swords. And the people from Hershels group didn't go because of their abhorrence for violence.

"This is useless" I said to myself, I was trying to find the pan so I could make myself breakfast, I'm not a cook! I don't do pans!. I killed a few squirrels the night before, so I had plenty to share. 

"Whatcha lookin for?" Carl came up to me, I guess they just got back, his pup was trailing along behind him. 

"You seen the pan? I was gonna cook up some squirrel for lunch. Damn! Fine, Just push a stick through it and set it over the fire."

He shook his head no, I sighed, and then the squirrels were taken out of my hand by a small Carol. She smiled at me while she did it, and began skinning them. "Your a hunter" She said "hunters don't cook their own food, the housewives do." I smiled at her a little. The group was starting to gather around the fire and Lori started skinning the animals too. 

I was feeling a bit crowded. "I'm gonna go to my tent, if ya need me." Carol nodded in hearin to what I said and I went off. 

I unzipped my tent and sat down. Put in my headphones and played some music.

My pups Luna and Cana can running in, followed closely by Alpha.

"Raff must be with Carl, huh?" I pet Alpha, she had gotten better lately, Herschel must'a been wrong when he said she didn't have much time. I mean, I'm glad and all, but it just made me realize how little time she has with me. I just wanna hold her now. Never let go.

I heard cars from outside, "Their back." I said to myself. Cana and Alpha lay next to me and Lupa was in my lap. 

I don't know why, at the moment, it was like any other. But I started singing. 

~

I wish that you could see
Who I really am.
It sucks being a woman,
In love with an unkind man,
Cause baby I would give you the world,
In fact, I already do.
And how do you repay that?
Talk to me like I'm just a regular tramp tryna screw you
Over, do you even have a clue
What I gave up just to be here,
To serve your ass with steak and beer?

Baby that's love
Baby that's real
And all I've ever wanted was for your damn arms
To wrap themselves around me and say

Hey, girl you're the prettiest thing my eyes have ever seen
Come and lay your bones down with me
Hey girl you're the prettiest thing my heart has ever known
Come and lay your bones down with me

I'm not tryna play the victim
Don't wanna go head to head
But boy I shouldn't have to stand in the mirror
Convincing myself I'm fair
Baby that's your job to do
Baby you should think I'm beautiful
Why you wanna watch the set
When I'm layin' right next to you in our own room
I feel like you don't even know I'm there
But I put a brush through my hair for you
Run my fingertips over your back real smooth

Cause boy I need love
I don't get enough
And all I've ever wanted was for your damn arms
To put themselves around me and say

Hey, girl you're the prettiest thing my eyes have ever seen
Come and lay your bones down with me
Hey girl you're the prettiest thing my heart has ever known
Come and lay your bones down with me

I look you dead in the eye and say I love you
In the eye and say I want you
In the eye and say this is what I'm asking for
How can you sit and stare at the wall
Do you even like me at all?
Start talking 'bout makin' it better
It ain't that complicated
I just wanna feel your arms around me, babe
Please say...

Girl you're the prettiest thing my eyes have ever seen
Come and lay your bones down with me
Hey girl you're the prettiest thing my heart has ever known
Come and lay your bones down with me

Please, please baby
It's a woman's dream

~

"I can't believe it, I can't just sit here! I need to do something! I can't be like this. Around these people, Alpha, I think its time."

She was pouting. I rubbed her head.

"Come on." 

Rick sat by his son and his wife. "Rick." I crouched beside him. "Can I have a minute?"

He looked at his family then got up. I followed him over close to the house and we watched our community be. We stood on the porch, I leaned on the railing not facing them.

"What do you need Rin?" 

"I think its time for me to leave you. I've been here for so long and I didn't even plan on it being this long. But lets face it, I'm not a people person. I can't stay here anymore."

He rubbed his face. "Now are you sure this is what you want? We won't be able to eat as well without you here." 

I nodded my head "Daryl hasn't been huntin since he's been looking for Sophia. Once he starts again, you'll have fully bellies and happy faces." 

"Its lonely out there..... Quiet."

"I know, I like the quiet." 

"Carl will be sad to see you leave." 

I smiled.

"So will Daryl"

I frowned. I straightened by posture. "I understand. But I have to do this. Being around people then them getting hurt. After you've grown attached.... its not something that I want. I don't need that pain. I'll be better off alone. With my wolfs and my thoughts."

He thought, silently the gears turned in his head. "Alright, its not like I can stop you. When are you planning on leaving?"

"I'll be gone before morning. Tell everyone that I wish them the best. Will you?"

I walked away then, I didn't want to look in his eyes after that. 

While everyone slept I took down my tent and packed my things. Then silently, in the night. I walked to the woods. Cana, Lupa, and Alpha following closely behind.

Raff was fast asleep next to Carl, but I made sure to say a quiet goodbye to him before I left. 

Half way to the treeline, though, I was stopped. A hand on my shoulder roughly pulled me to them. 

I turned, almost stumbling, but quickly caught my footing. My bag fell. I readjusted my swords before I looked up.

It was Daryl, the one person I didn't want to see before I left.

"Where ya goin, girl?''

I stiffly smiled. "I'm leaving, I can't stay here anymore." 

He took his hand off my shoulder and stepped back.

"Why not? You just gonna leave these people here! Alone, defenseless!?"

I choked in a laugh "Their not defenseless, they have you, and Rick and Shane and Glenn. And everyone else."

"You can't leave!" He yelled at me. I took a step back.

"Stay, you'll die out there by yourself."

I shook my head. "No, I'll be ok. I have my family with me." 

"You're not even gonna tell'em that you're leaving?! Just gonna up and go in the middle of the night!?"

I was fighting back tears now. I nodded.

"I'm sorry" My voice was a whisper. "I'm so so so sorry."

"Sorrys not good enough."

He grabbed me around my back and his hand rested on the dip in my back, then his other hand was in my hair and he was kissing me. 

Everything exploded, its like the the big bang that created the whole of the universe in one kiss. Everything was better, I felt comfortable, and safe, and happy all in one. I felt secure and I couldn't help but kiss him back. I needed that. After all this, I need this so bad. So I kissed him, hard. Like he was my oxygen. Like he was the only thing keeping me alive and I was slowly losing him. Like kissing him meant that I had finally won the game of life. In all my years on this earth I had never felt like this. It made me want more, though I know I would never be able to get enough. Not if I never stopped kissing him for a moment. 

And even where he placed his hands. Mine where around his neck and his where roaming me, his left hand massaging my neck and head and his right resting, it felt like our skins touching gave off a vibration that the whole world could feel. It felt like the ground underneath me shook and he was keeping me steady. And when we finally broke for air, I wanted it back. I didn't want to stop, ever.

At this point I was crying, "I heard you singing" He said. His forehead on mine, eyes closed. "Please stay."

"Why would you do that! It'll only make things harder!" I fell to the ground on my knees, I couldn't see now. My eyes too blurry. "I want to stay, I want to so bad. But I can't! I can't get attached to you! The things that I love have a way of getting hurt. I can't, I'm sorry! I can't please understand!" I grabbed up my bags, yelled for the wolfs and ran.

I ran like my life depended on it, sobbing and probably looking great while doing it, sarcasm implied.

I tripped and fell and finally stopped to climb a tree to sleep in.

The pups dissipated but would come at a moments call.

"You can't go back, Alex. You can't ever go back. You know what will happen if you go back."