Chapter 12

The next morning Daryl wasn't laying in bed next to me, T-dog was gone from the room but Beth walked in with a tray of food in her hands and clothes hung over one of her arms.

She set the food in my lap when I slowly sat up and the clothes she layed on the bed, a blue lace dress and a black jean shorts for under the dress. "I know that in the world we live in now that a dress isn't the best decision but I thought the shorts could make up for it. It'all be easier to move around in. And It'all look cute with your boots." I nodded my head and practically inhaled my soup. "I hope you don't mind though. Because your other clothes were covered in blood and grime and dirt and we just had to get rid of them."

My eyes widened as I choked on some of the soup. I looked down at myself and saw that I was only in my underwear and bra. I hadn't even noticed when I woke up that someone had undressed me!

"Thanks.... how did you undress me without waking me?" I questioned her. She shrugged and her southern drawl really showed as she told me "Well when I came to make T-dog and Daryl leave, he said that the only reason I should wake you is if someone was diein' and I wasn't about to cross you. You know, with your track record and all." I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Track record?" she gave me a nervous smile and elaborated "Well, you're Rin! The girl who can handle her own and who has a wolf as a pet! The girl who can tame the beast! I've seen you with those swords of yours, even though daddy doesn't want me to close to them. I think that there cool.... and that... maybe you could teach me how to use them?" 

I set my food to the side and looked her in the eyes. The mood in the room automatically changing to a serious tone. "Beth, Alpha is not a pet. I didn't tame her. And you can take me teaching you up with your daddy." she bit her lip at my response.

I flipped the covers off of me and put one foot on the ground then the other. "Daddy said not to get out of bed for at least a week!!" she demanded. I raised my hand "I'm gonna do what I want when he's not looking anyway. So why don't you make yourself useful and help me be safer about it, will ya?" 

She gave me a frown but reluctantly helped anyway. 

Then she helped me get dressed in the shorts and dress and my boots. I found my leather jacket hanging on the door and added it as an accessory. Beth handed me my swords and I strapped them to my back and walked, very slowly, out of my room.

I let out soft grunts of pain as I moved down the stairs and out the door. 

A few people like Lori and Glenn were watching me in shock as I climbed down the porch steps.

Then a few people like T-dog and Rick and Daryl were angry that I was up.

"Rin! What the Hell are you doing outta bed! You just got shot yesterday!" the three of the boys ran up to me and Beth as Daryl screamed. 

"And you! You let her!"

Beth held up her hands and defended herself "Hey! Don't blame me! She said that she would do what ever she wanted when we weren't around anyway, so I should just help her do it safer!"

"You could'a stopped her." Rick stated calmly, to which Beth replied "I wasn't about to challenge her! She's got that full blooded wolf following her every move. Whatever she did to do that I don't want happening to me!" 

I growled and held my side, silencing everyone. "ENOUGH OF THIS!" I opened my mouth about to say something else but more pain erupted in my side and I clutched onto the closest thing to me, which was.... you guessed Daryl.

He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and looked at me with a hint of worry.

"Alpha just cared enough to stick around. Thats what I did to her. Thats it. She just cared for me. And I cared for her." I pushed Daryl away from me. A little harder than I intended to at first, but enough to get my message across.