Chapter 13

I ran back outside as fast as lightning! Carol was holding a gun and there was a body laying at her feet.

I looked and saw that the window to the truck Shane liked using was gone, little shards of glass scattered the ground and the sill of the truck.

I took the gun out of Carols hands and looked at the body on the ground. It was a walker. 

"Carol what happened?" I asked in my calmest voice so that maybe she would stop crying.

She sobbed into my shoulder when Rick and Daryl and Shane arrived. 

"Rin, what happened? I told everyone else to stay in the house in case it got bad." Rick told me.

"I don't know, I think maybe she got scared and shot it, I think it went right through its head and broke the window." I told him. Comforting Carol even more now. 

Rick rubbed his head and sighed "Alright then, Lets take this out into the woods. Hershel has a thing about us killin walkers on his land." Rick and Shane picked up the body and started to walk off. Daryl went with them, but not before looking back at me and nodding.

It took me awhile but I finally calmed Carol down. Turns out I hit the nail on the head with my assumption about her and the window. She had left for the RV about 10 min ago and I was helping Carl and Lori feed the chickens. "Don't look so worried." Carl said to his mom. "Thats my job." She replied to him as he picked up more seeds and tossed them to the birds.

"No its not, you're a housewife." I giggled when Lori threw seeds at him.

"Ya, punk? You see my house around here?"

The laughter calmed down a little when Carl started talking again.

"They don't have a mother." He said, referring to the baby chicks.  

"She might be somewhere else." Lori replied to him.

"Maybe she got eaten." he suggested. The look Lori was giving him was a mix between disgust and horror, to even think that her baby boy had accepted this without blinking an eye. He was oblivious to this of course but not I.

"Everythings food for something else." I said trying to lighten the mood for her a little bit. "Weather we're dead or alive."

I was sitting in my tent just thinking about my day when Andrea arrived, we hadn't talked much since she shot me but I think thats reasonable. "Here." She handed me a book. I didn't even look at the cover but I gave her a questioning look.

"Im sorry, about... ya know." 

"Its ok, you were protecting the group. I get it." I told her, She started to get up and walk out.

"But hey!" I yelled at her, she turned and faced me to hear what I was gonna say. "Shoot me again, you best pray I'm dead!" She smiled.

"Funny, Daryl said the same thing." 

Of course he did, I thought my myself. 

We we're like the same person.

SO SO SO SORRY ABOUT THE SHORT CHAPTER!!! I promised that I would have it up by the end of the week and It's saturday but this is the only part I could write because I've been so busy! I'm so sorry!