Chapter Six-The Diary

Dear Diary,

Duncan and Kim have been oddly close lately. He seems to cling to her and look at her with pity more than the love that I used to see. I allowed myself into her mind to find out she had told him her story. I feel very bad for her, because she had the same type of childhood that I did.

I have been thinking about whether I will stay here or leave as soon as I recover. I know that I need to fulfill my destiny for this lifetime, but I also don't know if I should just stay here. This is a very calm and stable place so perhaps I will stay.

No tremendous changes in my burnt out leg, though it seems to be improving. Hopefully I will be able to walk soon.

Sarah A.K.A. StrawFingers

-----------------------------------------------------------

Dear Diary,

A horrible accident has happened to Kim. She has fallen into the overactive flux of Duncan's castle. The worst part, is that it's my fault. It's my fault that Duncan's flux is overactive, and the worst part is that he has no idea.Duncan's flux began to go crazy when I was awakened for this lifetime, just because I effect the world's magical powers greatly. Because I had connected with Kim, it had drawn her towards it.

This is why I usually get close to nobody. All the people that I befriend usually end up getting hurt. Just like that one hillbilly in one of my past lives. He awoke me and put all of his trust in me for his parents and his farm. He went out to adventure, but I ruined his farm and killed his parents, then I was relieved from that life.

But anyways, Kim is only mildly affected by it. For now.

The flux has been calling out to me. Beckoning me. 

My leg has started to improve. I have even gone against Duncan's word and walked around my room a bit. I have a tremendous limp and I use the wall for support, but at least I can walk.

Sarah A.K.A. StrawFingers

-------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Diary,

I am starting to fear for Kim. The flux has a better grip on her body than I had feared. I had hoped that it would only make her sick for a few days at the very least, or maybe make her eyes purple for a little while at the worst, but I guess that her small frame allowed the flux to really affect her. She is going to end up like me if she doesn't leave here now.

Her hands have already started to go a rich purple, and I know that it certainly won't stop there. I fear that it will progress so far that she will become like me.

The flux still calls to me. Every time I close my eyes it beckons me to come closer. 'Mother.' I will call out to it.

Duncan has began to help me wit my walking problems. I told him to not help me in front of Kim. He thought it was an od request, but I told him that whenever she sees me with him, a flash of envy shows in her eyes. I would never want her to be uncomfortable with something. Especially if it threatened her relationship with Duncan. He had laughed and agreed to my terms. I have begun to recover my strength in my leg, and the skin has started to heal, making it possible for me to have time without the bandages on.

Sarah A.K.A. StrawFingers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Diary,

Kim's arms have started to turn a rich purple, a sure sign that the flux has ravaged through her body, claiming her as it's own. If she stays too long she will become exactly like me. I don't have the heart to tell her to leave her love.

Duncan and Kim have grown even closer, and I feel vey happy for them, but I can't help but wish that was me with Sjin.

Sjin. The one thing in this universe that I want to hide from, but want to be with so bad at the same time. My thoughts of him have grown along with the thoughts of the flux calling to me.

I know that it's just the flux's way of mocking me. It tells me that my presence so close to it is what's mutating Kim to become like me. It tells me that I am ripping Duncan and Kim's relationship apart. But all I can do is worship it.

It comes to me as a purple fog, that has started to move into my head, spreading further by the minute, threatening to take me over and complete this life's destiny and destroy everyone around me, if I don't hurry up. I try to persuade it to stop because I am still hurt, but it won't take it.

It chants foreign songs to me when pain comes, and it takes it away, again telling me to get moving on destroying the farmer. I know that no matter how far away I get now, it will only follow me. I will never escape until I finish my destiny.

My leg is still improving, but I have healed so much that I can walk, or rather limp, around the castle with only the wall as my assistant.

My bond with Kim has grown. Whenever we are together I see a faint purple tether between us. I again fear that Kim doesn't have much longer in this physical body.

Sarah A.K.A. StrawFingers

----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Diary,

I have set up camp in the forest. The purple monster has gone to rest so I can calm down.

It took me over but I regained control just enough from it.

It had gotten tired of waiting for me to take action and did it itself. It summoned nagas from somewhere far away and brought them to Duncan's castle, having them destroy it. The nagas had destroyed the flux container, but by then the flux had me out of the castle heading towards the forest. I used all of the force that I have and gained some of the control, with which I saved Kim and Duncan, and had them be teleported to a place far away.

The solid purple tether that now permanently connects us puts her to the right of me. I try to talk to her telepathically, a skill that she took up when the flux had nearly fully grasped her, but she doesn't respond, and it's as if I talk to  a black hole. My only indicator that she's still alive is the purple tether, that would only disappear if she was dead, but I'm sure that my destiny will be over long before she is dead.

My only question now, is where do I go from here?

Sarah A.K.A. StrawFingers

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Hope you liked that chapter!

Sorry if it took a while to get out, school's just been pretty busy lately.

I would like to tell you guys that I have joined a collaboration account, YogscastRecast.

If you have the chance, please check out the books that we write on that account!

Also check out my new book 'That Damn Player'!

I'll try to update soon!

~Lindsey