Chapter Fifteen

"You just jumped in the pit without thought," Bellona started. "For my daughter?"

"Yes" Percy answered without hesitation.

Bellona nodded before contemplating the boy that had managed to capture her daughters heart.

"So," Jake held up the book. "Who wants to read next?"

"I will."

"Chapter 15: Things are Peachy, Thanks for Asking" Jake of the Norse read.

Last Chapter...

Hel's look of amusement vanished.

"Perhaps it will be best to just kill you then. I was going to let you die slowly down there but maybe it will be better to know you're dead."

Percy glanced down into the hole that Reyna had fallen into and then back at Hel, his lips quirking into a smirk as he did, "Oh, well will you look at that." He said glancing down into the abyss.

Hel followed his eyes unsure what he meant.

"There go all my spare fucks right down to Tartarus." He said smiling before pushing off and letting himself fall into the abyss, flipping off the Norse goddess the whole way down.

Now...

The minute the view of the world above disappeared from sight, Percy had an epiphany.

This might not have been the most intelligent decision of his life.

"No," Reyna and Hylla spoke, sarcastically. "You don't say?"

"You weren't saying that when I jumped after you." Percy shot back.

"Well I was just happy I actually had a fighting chance of making it out alive." Reyna told him, to which Percy nodded.

"No one makes it out alive." Zeus and Ares protested.

"Did you forget we were in the middle of a war?" Percy asked.

"Yeah dad," Thalia and Jason said, smirking. "Obviously they make it out alive."

Zeus and Ares looked at Percy with different levels of respect and suspicion. 

He pushed those thoughts from his mind though as he remembered the look on Reyna's face when she was thrown headfirst into the pit before him. It was a mixture of surprise, fear and acceptance, like she figured out her death was imminent.

Not if he had a say in the matter.

Bellona and Hylla looked at Percy with a smile on his face, while Reyna looked at Percy with nothing but love in her eyes. Percy kissed her temple while their friends watched on with small smiles on their faces.

He managed to turn himself around in the air so he could look below where he hoped he would see Reyna. But his eyes only found what looked like endless darkness; a never-ending abyss that was swallowing him whole.

He willed Mjolnir back into a bracelet and tucked his limbs tight against his body, increasing the speed of his fall and he now dove headfirst into the abyss

"I'm surprise the ground didn't suddenly appear and make you smack your head."  Thalia snickered along with Annabeth, causing Percy to glared at the two girls. Reyna shook her head fondly at the three. 

The fall seemed endless. He couldn't keep track of time as he fell. It might have been minutes, or hours or even days for all he knew. The only thing he knew was that he was falling with unbelievable speed as he wondered exactly how far down this Greek hell was down there. Just as he was starting to lose hope of catching Reyna before she reached the bottom, the glint of silver armor caught his eye.