1. Welcome to Levity Floats

It was only a few weeks ago since Gideon Pines had entered Levity floats and was living with his father Buddy for the summer.

He had met a few people but there was only one person who stuck and that was Pacifica Southeast. By now the two were best friends.

Pacifica was a naive, warm hearted girl who saw the good in everyone no matter how hard.

Gideon even developed a small crush on her but would never tell her due to his fear of getting rejected.

The two now sat in his living room flipping through channels on the television with another friend Robbie Courdary.

Pacifica Southeast's POV

                "One more.." I sighed as I hit the plus button on the remote and the tv switched to another channel.

"Oh look it's that commercial I was telling you guys about, the Gleeful twins and their psychic powers." Robbie said looking up at the tv. "Wendy works for them, says they're pretty good." I rolled his eyes at his mention of Wendy.
Of course he didn't know that I didn't like her because I'd never tell him that. Besides I'm sure Wendy is a good person... somewhere...in that heart..that she totally has it's just..small.

I looked over at him. "Psychic? That sounds interesting, we should go." I suggested always up for a new mystery. "Right?" I said looking at him and Gideon.

Gideon shrugged. "Eh if you go, I'll go."
"Same here." He said ruffling my hair. "The next show is in an hour."
"Oh that's not enough time, Pacifica needs at least 2 for her hair." Gideon joked.
I glared at him for a moment. "I'll be quick, don't worry. I'll meet you guys back here when I'm done." I said beginning to walk home.
There I had put on a new change of clothes and brushed my hair down putting a headband around my head. I then walked back to the mystery shack and we walked to their tent. After a while of sitting the show finally started.

The curtains began to open up but no one was on stage.
"Hello, folks." Said a brunette appearing on the stage out of no where. She began to strut on the stage in her revealing light blue clothing. "I'm Mabel Gleeful, welcome to tonight's show..you're in for a treat..." I turned to Robbie who sat beside me.
"Didn't you say they were twins, where's the other one?"

"Right here."

Spoke a chilling voice behind me. I turned to see a brunette boy. His hair was slicked back revealing a birthmark that was shaped like the Big Dipper.

He wore light blue clothes like his twin and had a blue jewel around his neck.

He touched it with one hand and a rose appeared in another.

A bunch of girls in the crowd began to giggle some even started reaching for the red flower but he had handed it right to me. They all sighed.

"Dipper Gleeful." He bowed and then joined his sister on stage. "Sister, were you not going to introduce me?" He glared at her.
"Oh I was going to if you just waited a little bit.."
He rolled his eyes. "Mhm..anyways let's get the show started don't wanna keep them waiting anymore." He scanned the crowd. "For our first trick we will need a volunteer.." started Mabel.

He snapped his fingers and my rose began to glow and move towards the stage, I followed it.

"Pacifica Southeast." He smiled as I came on stage next to him grabbing the rose.
"How did you know my name?" He said nothing and just chuckled rubbing his jewel. Mabel snatched the rose out of my hand and made it disappear. She clearly wasn't happy with me.
"So what am I suppose to do?" I asked.
"You're fine where you are." Said Mabel and then rubbed her jewel.

I began to levitate from the ground. It was fun and I was really high. The height didn't scare me and the higher I got the more fun it was. Mabel must of sensed this.

She stomped her feet in anger and touched her jewel again this time instead of going higher I began to fall.

I closed my eyes and began to scream, As I expected to hit the hard ground and get hurt instead I felt two arms wrap around me and catch me.

I opened my eyes and saw that it was Dipper.

However he quickly put me down as Mabel glared at him.

"It was an accident." He explained.

He then pushed me off the stage. I slowly walked back to my seat and sat back down in between my two friends.

"Hey, are okay?" They both asked me.
I just nodded and watched the rest of the show quietly.

The rose, him catching me...whether it was accident or not I now knew I liked him.