6. The replacement

Dipper gleeful's POV

          ☤When I had woken up the next morning Will had greeted me with peppermint tea.
I quickly slurped it down.

"For your nightmares.." he spoke taking the empty tea cup away.
"Nightmares?" I asked, confused.
"Yes Sire, you were tossing and turning, screaming too!...what was going on?"
"What wasn't going on..." I sighed rubbing my head. "The worst part is Mabel was the one who did the killing and she's still asleep peacefully."
"Wait...So you didn't join?"
"Of course not! I made a promise with myself and I tend on keeping it."
"Then what's the guilt?"
"I could've stopped her..." I sighed flopping back on the bed.
"Why didn't you?"
"That would've gotten us both in jail..."
"I don't think they would've ratted you out."
"But they wouldn't be able to explain how they got out...besides I still don't want Mabel just to get the punishment."
"Well did you touch the body at all?"
"Only to hide them..."
"Well did you use that old trick?"
"Of course I did! I'm not an idiot!" I snapped rising back up from the bed.
"Then you have nothing to worry about."
I sighed. "Doesn't make it any better..."
"Well you can't worry about that right now, you got a show tonight!"
"Right, so Mabel can find another person to torture." I sighed and got up to pick out my costume. "Start the shower, Will...maybe that will clear my head.."

Gideon Pines' POV

                ✎After Dipper had left we didn't stay too longer after, mostly because Wendy didn't want to stay once he left.
Robbie dropped her off first leaving the three of us in the car together.
"So...wanna explain what happened in there?" Robbie asked Pacifica beginning to drive to my house.
"What do you mean?" She asked turning to him.
"Oh come on, Pacifica." He laughed. "You were like in love with that guy yesterday and then you had a bear fight with him at the diner, what happened? I thought you liked him."
"I thought so too but I guess I was just in love with the idea of him...he's not really my type..." she admitted.
"I think you're right besides, there might be another guy just around the corner." Robbie smirked and looked back at me, I looked away from him.
"Maybe.." she smirked but she wasn't looking at me.
Robbie then parked in front of my house.
"How about I meet you guys at the diner again tomorrow? We can try to celebrate again without that nuisance Dipper, just the three of us!"
"Sure!" Pacifica and I said in unison.
He smiled and then drive off once we both got out.
"You know...he wasn't referring to himself when he said there might be another guy." I bit my lip.
She giggled like I was joking. "Who else would he be talking about?"
"I don't know...someone that's single and your age and has always been there for you??"
"Sounds like a catch let me know if you could give me his number!" I sighed, she giggled. "I'm just messing with you...but Robbie would never suggest you, he knows we're just friends."
"Yeah...you're right." I kept on a fake smile. "Well goodnight!" She hollered sweetly and wondered off.
"Goodnight..."

The next day we woke up together and went to diner and waited for Robbie.
After an hour I got a text message from him;

Hey guys I'm really sick just go on without me ;)

Pacifica leaned over my shoulder. "Why did he wink?"
I shut off my phone quickly and angrily. "Must be from sickness, making him an idiot!" I sighed and sat down at one of the tables.

Why does he keep thinking he's helping? I'll ask Pacifica on a date when I want to!

As we sat there in silence a familiar face came into the diner; Dipper gleeful
behind him was a girl that sat in front of us when we went to go see his show.
He sat her down and then spotted us, he walked over.

"Hey guys." He smirked devilishly.
Pacifica rolled her eyes and acted like she was reading her menu.
"What are you doing here?" I scoffed.
"Well after coming here with you guys I thought this was the perfect place to bring your...replacement." He turned to Pacifica chuckling, she put down her menu.
"Replacement? That's gross. She's your date not an object." She crosses her arms at him, I agree absolutely disgusting.
"They're all the same to me, everything can be replaced even you." He blow a kiss, She gaged.
"Are you trying to make me jealous or think you're a cereal killer."
"Oh so you admit that you're jealous?"
"So you admit you have selective hearing?" She scoffed back.
"Tomato, tomato...you know if you're so jealous I'll ditch my date and you'll ditch yours, I usually never give second chances but you seem worth it." He leaned an elbow on our table, leaning closer to her.
"I'm flattered." She scoffed. "But I rather be here and stay human then become an object."
She didn't correct the him when he called this a date...
"Your loss Southeast, whatever I know you'll come back to me one day." He winked, she rolled her eyes. "..anyways better get back to my date before she worries."
"She's on a date with you, she's already worried." They exchanged fake laughs and we scurried off.
"Your insults just get better every time." I giggled.
"I don't know how I do it, I may look calm but I'm shaking every time like I'm falling again at their show.." she sighed looking back at him and then sadly at her menu.
"Let's ruin his date." I said quickly said trying to cheer her up.
"Uhm how..?"
I took my journal out of my backpack and waved in the air. "How else?"
She came by my side and we looked through the pages together for the perfect thing.
"Wait stop!" She spoke and her landed on one page.

(Yes I got the journal from Barnes and noble lol...wish I could find something you guys haven't already seen but oh well next time 🤷🏼‍♀️)

wish I could find something you guys haven't already seen but oh well next time 🤷🏼‍♀️)

Pacifica smirked. "I bet he wouldn't have a lot of nice things to say to his date.."
"The author did say they fit snugly over people with teeth.." I smirked back. "But how are we gonna get them in his mouth?"
"I saw an invisibility cloth a few pages back.."
"Nice eyes...Okay you'll go get that and I'll go into the forest, we're lucky Dipper's date just started...this might take a while."
"Okay well good luck be careful...I'll meet you back here soon."

The journey wasn't too dangerous as the others, probably because the truth teeth wasn't a sentient object and it was the day, all the crazy animals and what not usually come out at night.
I actually got back faster than Pacifica.

"Sorry.." she said suddenly approaching me. "You won't believe how many stores claim having an invisibility cloak." She rolled her eyes.
"It's okay, he's still here, has a lot of his meal left." I handed her the teeth. "Be careful the author says that the cloak tends to reappear and disappear and at the worse moments possible...just do it quick."
She nodded and put on the cloak becoming totally invisible. She slowly went inside and waited for Dipper to open his mouth so she could slip them in.

She did it perfectly, I mean Dipper did let out a little scream but he just said it was the cold not wanting to scare his date...but he had no idea what was coming up.

Pacifica quickly went back off and took off the cloak. We quickly went back his inside to watch Dipper essentially mess up his own date.

"So Dipper.." the girl began. "What do you think of my dress? I bought it just for this date."
He eyed her. "I mean the dress is nice but it doesn't help distract me from your face."
"That's not what you said before.." she looked down. "You said you noticed me in the crowd of all those people, that's how you picked me."
"Didn't say how I noticed you." He scoffed, me and Pacifica started snorting.
"I don't understand what your problem is-"
"I don't have a problem, I'm just being honest I bet you've never had a date like this, probably never been on a date before." He chuckled.
"It's like you want me to leave."
"Wouldn't matter if you did I would find another girl tonight at the show in a matter of seconds!" He smirked at himself.
The girl just huffed and walked out. "Your loss!" Dipper yelled obnoxiously.

Pacifica slipped in the cloak later and got them back.
"That was great!" I giggled on our walk home. "We should keep those around just in-" I got cut off by her hugging me.
"Thanks for tonight Gid, That was really fun...I'm almost glad Robbie didn't come."
I hugged her back. "Yeah no problem..."

I hope she couldn't feel my heart racing.

___________
It's kinda late but here, I didn't ask for any kind of specific votes we will just see what it gets...this chapter may seem a little boring but you pay attention to the middle you may realize where it's heading ;)