2. Because...I like you

Gideon Pines' POV

✎ "You don't like him!" I yelled again at Pacifica. This had to be the fifth time or more I had said this.

She just wouldn't stop gushing over the rose Dipper had gave her at the show last night.  

I just wanted her to stop and focus on our mystery hunt...well that was one of the reasons...

This time we were looking for the Gobble-wonker. Something Young-boy-McGuket was blabbing about, a sea monster like Nessie.

"How do you know who I like?!" She snapped back.
"Because I know you, Pacifica!" I scoffed. "And I know who you fall for!"
"I know what you're worried about...but this is...well...he's different, I promise." She smiled at me, she knew I was a sucker for her smile but I was letting her get away that easy.
"Different?!" I snapped again. "Different than Norman who ended up being a bunch of Gnomes and kidnapped you?! Different than mermando who ended up being a mermaid  and left you for his family! Different than..." I looked over at Robbie. "That guy...who's now taken...and was way too old for you anyways.." I whispered. "However I wouldn't mind if you liked him again, he was the easiest!"
"You saw that rose! It was beautiful!" She ignored me and continued gushing.
"He probably gives that to every girl who walks into that tent." I scoffed.
She sighed "Well..." she paused trying to think of another poor reason. "He basically saved my life!"
"Your life?!" I snapped. "He caught you from a—not too far distance." I turned to Robbie who I couldn't help to admit was far smarter than me. "You're good at this...tell me Robbie, would she have died?"
He shook his head. "From that distance just a miner head concussion." He shrugged.
"Besides...if you were to die from that height he would've caught you no matter what, because he knows how much trouble he'd get into for killing someone in the show...or getting them hurt...they could probably get shut down." I explained. "He didn't mean anything by it, for anything he was saving himself."
She sighed knowing I was right and although I always liked being right I still felt bad smashing another crush of hers. I rubbed her shoulder.
"If it makes you feel any better...we'll go back tonight?" I tilted my head.
She looked at me and smirked instead of smiling at my gesture. "Okay...now I know you're not doing that for me."
"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.
"You totally like the other twin!" She shouted. "Ugh!...what was her name?!"
"I have no idea..." I lied.
"Mabel." Said Robbie still looking down into the journal I had given him to lead us once Pacifica started this argument with me. I grunted at him, he just looked down at the journal like he didn't hear me.
"Yes, Mabel!" Pacifica sung. "You're totally into her!"
"Oh yes!...now I remember her, you mean the girl that almost killed you?" I raised an eyebrow.
"No, the girl who almost gave me a miner head concussion." She smirked, thinking she was clever throwing my words back at me.
"Still no better." I shrugged. "I don't like her at all, especially not like that."
"Sucks...cause she totally likes youuu.." she stretched out her words like a song.
"Really?" I spun around. I only sounded excited at the idea of a girl liking me, it didn't matter who.
"Uh-huh." She nodded. "Why do you think she hated me so much?...cause she thought we were dating!"
"No ones ever thought that." I rolled my eyes. "I see what you're trying to do..."
"Which would be?" She asked trying to act oblivious but we both knew she was smarter than that; whether she showed it or not.
"You're messing with me about a crush—that I don't have by the way, because I messed up your crush before."
She sighed again. "Well what do you know about crushes anyways? It's not like you've ever had one!" Pacifica yelled then ran off.

She sat down on a rock that laid in front of a river.

Robbie then finally looked up from the journal, realizing what had happened.