Isis Cold

The next morning, Rhian woke bright and early. Reaching beside her bed, she felt for her phone on the nightstand. Yawning, she unlocked it. Damn, twenty-four missed calls, and thirty-two text! 

“Urgh, I need a life!” she muttered swinging her feet down from the bed.

Mindless Behavior (Princeton)

Princeton dialed the number over and over again, still no answer. He had just about given up, when finally, the phone rung.

“Hello, Isis?”

“Jacob?”

“Yeah, what’s up? I been calling you all morning.”

“I know, I’m sorry, I been busy all morning,”

“You still coming over tonight or what?”

“Mos’ def’” she assured.

Later That Night

Princeton glanced down at his watch once again, it was already ten and Isis still wasn’t there yet. Pulling out his cell, he searched through his contacts, then pressed call when he found the number.

Riiiiing. Riiing.

“Hello?”

“Aye, Mishon, you think you can pick me up, and take me somewhere real quick?”

“Uh, I wish I could lil' bro, but I’m kinda busy.”

In the background, Princeton heard a muffled, ‘Baby who is that?’

Hanging up, he called, the next person, who he thought would be available.

“Prince?”

“Yo, Khalil, you think you can swing me by my girl's crib real quick?”

“Sure, give a minute, let me go get my car, be there in a min”

Mindless Behavior (the rest of them)

Roc sat in the living room, thinking about the kiss he shared with Rhian the day before. He immediately began smiling.

“Stop thinking about it,” Ray Ray sung.

“I can’t,” Roc confessed.

“You ain’t even trying,” Ray Ray noted.

"Nope,"

Princeton & Khalil

The ride took forever, at least in Princeton’s mind. As soon as Khalil’s tires licked the curb, Princeton unbuckled his seatbelt.

“Thanks Khalil,” he whispered.

“No prob,”

Prince raced up the driveway and up onto the porch. Knocking on the door, he waited. No answer. Sneaking around back, using the back stairs, he climbed up and onto back balcony. Her entertainment room’s sliding glass door was slightly cracked. Easing his way in, as he had done countless times before, - of course with Isis’ permission - and tip-toed down the hallway that led to her room.

Holding his breath, Prince followed the sliver of light that shadowed the long hallway. As he reached the door, he slowly creaked it open.

His heart broke right then and there. There was his girlfriend, laying on her pink queen sized bed, atop none other than Mishon, naked. The slow rise and fall of her body and the little noises, left no need for imagination. It all played together now, Princeton thought. He was frozen. In his belly churned the mixed feeling of hurt, anger, and sadness. Bile rose in the back of his throat. He cleared his throat.

Hearing the subtle sound, Isis turned. She gave a feeble, subtle cry, tumbling off of Mishon with the utmost agility. Reaching for her blanket, covering her bare chest as she sat up on the floor. Mishon sat up, reaching for the comforter.

“Prince, what are you doing here?” Mishon asked.

“How did you get here?” Isis asked

“I could ask y’all the same thing,” Princeton noted, pursing his lips together. “Good bye, Isis” he added then turned to the door.

Isis surged across the room, gripping his hand firmly.

“No, wait, Jacob, please, don’t go! I love you, I need you!” she pleaded, tears welling in her eyes, the moistness making them shimmer from across the room.Prying her hand off his wrist, without even a second glance, Princeton left.

Jumping into the car, without even the slightest word, Princeton buckled his seat and stared out of the passenger seat window. Khalil stared at Princeton.

“Everything cool?” Khalil asked.

Princeton could see the pity in his eyes, could hear the sympathy in his voice, it all made him sick to his stomach. Everything was surreal. He felt as though he was kicked in the gut.

“Just drive,” Princeton muttered, still glaring out the window.