Chapter 2

As the sun rolled in and shone on my face, I forgot that college was cancelled today. We don't have many people in my classes so there aren't many people at college some days. Today felt great and I feel something good happening today. I then decided to get up and shower in my beautiful bathroom. When I got out I saw my clock read 10:25. I got dressed in comfy clothes that consisted in black leggings, a white tank top with black and white checkered cardigan with my white vans. My clock read 10:35 and so I decided to wake up Leila if we wanted to get coffee and walk on the beach afterwards. When I got to her room she was facing the wall with the covers at her feet.

"Wake up sleeping beauty," I screamed and she literally fell off her bed. I laughed so hard I fell on the floor. She glared at me through her hair.

"Is this the best way to wake up your best friend or do you do this to everyone," Leila said. I couldn't stop laughing.

"Get up and get ready so we can go get coffee and beach today. I'll be ready in the den," I said and left her to get ready. Ever since Leila and me left for college, we have been closer than we have ever been. She is like my sister I never had and she makes me think I have a family. Yet at the same I don't because my parents are gone.

"I'm ready butthead, let's go before you get angry because you don't have your coffee," Leila said. I started to walk out and realized I left my phone in my room.

"I'll be out then I forgot my phone, I'll meet you in the car," I told her and went to retrieve my phone.

I went out to the car locking the apartment door behind me and got in the front seat of the car. We started driving to the little cafe shop to get our coffee on. Today feels like a new day and that anything can happen but I don't know what.

As we came to a stop, I looked and saw we were at the cafe. We waked in and there was a huge line to wait in so that's what we did for the next ten minutes. When we were the next ones up we ordered and waited for it to be ready.

"How are you holding up with everything about your parents and how it ended up," Leila asked me. I shrugged in response not really knowing how to handle it.

"I might break down if I talk about my parents death and how they died. I mean I was young when it happened and now that I'm going to be a doctor, I just wish they were here to see me grow into a grown woman." I told her.

"I understand, although if you need me I'll be there for you because we're best friends and we stick by each other." She said.

I just nodded. As I was leaving I heard someone yelling and so I turned around and the boy that ordered our coffee was running towards me. I stopped and asked him what was wrong.

"Hey, my names is Parker and I didn't help but overhear your conversation about your parents," this cute boy whose name is Parker said to me.

I gave him a slight smile and nodded my head to tell him to continue what he was saying.

"I wanted to know where you went to college and if you wanted to hang out sometime," he said.

"I go to Hampton college that's about five minutes away and sure we can hang out but I need to go so," I trailed off to see what he would say.

"Well I go to the same college and can I have your number to call you," he asked me. I thought for awhile and asked myself if I really wanted to get involved with boys yet I never had a boyfriend to know what their like.

"Sure do you have a pen I can write it down and give me your hand," I asked him. He gave me a pen and I took his hand and wrote my number on it with my name. I told him to text me and that I had to go. I went outside to see Leila staring on the sidewalk waiting for me.