Chapter nine

His uncle arranged the auditjon for two months later that day.
I practiced every single day, recording myself so I could see where the mistakes were. Always with him by my side.
_______________

A week before the audition.

- "I can't do it!" - I said, nervously and with anxiety.
- "Keep calm, please..." - he said.
- "Shouting at him won't make you better." - shouted my father from the living room.
- "Please, leave..." - I said to him, reducing my volume.

He left and went back home.
_______________

I kept practicing that whole week and I felt really bad for having talked to him like that but I needed to focus.

My father took me to the music school when the day arrived. It was the audition day and I was so nervous, my whole body was shaking but, inside, I really wanted to do what I was about to do.

- "I know you can do it, just show them what you showed me." - said my father.

I gave him a hug and thanked him for everything.

Then, my name was called, so I got on the stage.
As I put my arch on top so that I could start, I took a deep breath and all the anxiety went away. That was all my heart wanted. So I started playing and gave everything I had that day.
The boy ran into the door of the audition and stayed there watching me. Then my father went next to him.
All my perspiration was turning into notes and the notes were making my life.
When I went off stage, I saw him waiting for me. He tried to talk to me but at that moment I just lowered my head and walked by him.