Chapter two: Inside The Building

Now we were in the building where this VR test is supposed to be held. We were given a tour guide and he has so far showed us a lot of the facility. We've seen rooms where they model the technology, experiment with it, test it for bugs and so on and so forth.
After a full tour he brought us to one room we didn't see on the tour. It had at least two dozen computer screens and monitors as well as just as many weird looking beds, but the beds had some sort of helmets at the head of them that were plugged into the computers and had glowing or flashing lights on them. It kind of felt like the Matrix the way the beds looked.
"This is where your tests will take place." The guide said.
As he said that two scientist-looking people walked in, a male and a female. "Yes. This is how we'll test the system." The male said after they introduced themselves. The girl stated, "Each of you can find a seat on one of the beds. The helmets on the beds are designed to be able to tap into your neural pathways and transport your minds into the digital realm, without causing a system overload."
"Like the Matrix." I added.
"Essentially yes. But unlike the Matrix, anything you suffer in the digital realm won't transfer into the real." The male said.
"So if you die in the game, you won't die in real life?" London asked.
"Correct. You will just be ejected from the system and feel a little disoriented afterwards." The girl said then added, "It is completely safe and foolproof."
"To keeps you guys from having to restart a lot because of user deaths in-game, we are going to make this test take place in an environment similar to that of real life; not always dangerous but the danger is still there waiting." The guy said.
"What game is that sir?" A classmate, Lily asked.

"You are all going to visit the world of Minecraft."

The room became a hurricane of noise and Chaos, and most of it was negative noise.
"What?!"
"Are you kidding me?!"
"Why that game?!"
"Oh, Come on!"
I swear I heard someone say, "oh f*** no!!"
I on the other hand was thrilled. SO thrilled. What?! An adventure INSIDE of Minecraft?! No freakin' way!! Oh my gooooodddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Minecraft was easily one of my top 3 favourite games, and I was very good at Minecraft as well. I knew a lot about the game, so I was very sure of myself that I was going to win the test.

After the noise finally died down, the female asked, "Now, after all this... excitement, do we have any volun--"
I cut her off by saying, "I'll do it. I'll be first." I could barely keep my composure together while saying that.
"You a fan of Minecraft, son?" The guy asked.
"Probably the only in the room." I responded proudly with a hint of matter-of-fact tone in my voice.
"Very well. We'll set you up. If you could come take a seat here please?"
I did as he told and laid down on one of the beds, and once I was comfortable the girl placed the helmet on my head. The guy keyed some stuff into the computer next to me and I heard machinery start humming. I started to feel slightly dizzy.
"You will be in a state of sleep while the system is active. Don't worry, you're in capable hands." The girl reassured.
I swallowed. "OK. Start it up." I said. One of my classmates said something, I think aimed towards me but I didn't listen to them.
Then, an unexplainable sensation washed over me as the humming increased, I felt slight nausea, the room started to spin, then darkness claimed me.