IV.

"Sometimes people put up walls, not to keep people away, but to see who cares enough to tear those walls down."

-One Tree Hill

IV.

When I woke up in the morning I had this feeling that Frank would have left but as I stepped out into the living room I see him still passed out on the couch. I go into the bathroom and grab some Tylenol and go to the kitchen to grab him a glass of water. I place them both on the coffee table for when he wakes up and I set off to make him breakfast, luckily I have the day off today. I grab eggs, hash browns, bacon, and sausage to start cooking. Overall it takes fifteen minutes to finish and I make a pot of coffee knowing he likes coffee. By the time everything is plated and the two mugs on the table are filled I hear him stirring. I walk out of the dining room and toward the couch. He's sitting up and downing the glass of water I had placed there for him. He sets the cup down when he sees me.

"Thanks, I'll head out now." He says standing up and I roll my eyes and stop him from walking to the front door.

"I made breakfast, now come on." I grab his arm and lead him into the dining room. He looks at the food in surprise and looks at me.

"You made me breakfast?" He questions, I can't figure out whether his tone tells he's surprised or grateful but I simply nod my head.

"Now sit down and eat up before the food gets cold." I say and he complies. I sit across from him and dig in. It's silent as we eat but it's a nice silence, it felt nice to have company for once. My eye catches his but I don't stray away. He looks cute in the morning. Even with his bruised cheek and his cuts that are above his eyebrow and on his nose. I finally look away and finish up my food as he does too.

"Thanks for this, I have to go now." He says and stands up from the chair. Well, it was nice while it lasted.

"Yeah, okay." I nod my head and grab his plate and mine and put them in the sink. He nods at me and walks out the door.

A repeat of last night happens again tonight when banging wakes me up from my sleep. I still bring my gun with me incase it wasn't Frank but when I open the door, there he is again. He's holding his stomach and through his black jacket I can see something seeping through, blood probably. His knuckles are cut badly but I'm more concerned on why he's holding his stomach so tightly. I pull him in and sit him down on the couch again.

"Take off your shirt and jacket." I tell him. I'm not going to even question him this time. He does as I say as I get the med kit and a towel again. Once I'm back I see that he's shirtless. I swallow hard and try not to drool, god damn he's fit. I set the stuff down and my eyes widen once I see why he was holding onto his stomach. He was shot. I meet his eyes and he just looks at me almost as if he's waiting for me to say something. I just shake my head.

"You need to go to the hospital, there's a freaking bullet in your stomach!"

"No Hospital, it's a gun shot wound, they will get the police involved." I groan frustrated at his words.

"Yeah. Exactly, Frank, who did this to you?" I tuck my hair behind my ear waiting for his answer.

"It doesn't matter, I need you to get it out." His voice is gruff and he seems to be having a hard time breathing due to the pain.

"Me? Me! Frank, I'm not a doctor! Why are you even shot? What happened?" I start to frantically ask him questions. He got shot for crying out loud and he's acting as if it's a regular thing.