XXI.

"Indomitus: Untamed; untamable; fierce."

XXI.

"Keep driving." The cold end of the barrel knocks against my temple again making me flinch. I continue driving and try to control my shaking.

"Pull over right here." He motions when we're not even a mile away from his house. He lived in a partial woody area away from anyone else. Before I could pull over the next thing I know is glass being shattered and my body slamming against the door. Before I can process what just happened I black out.

When I wake up my head starts to pound and my shoulder hurts so bad that I think I dislocated it. I realize I'm still in the car, I look to my right but I don't see colonel Ray. I just see the bright headlights of another car that's smashed into the side of the one I'm in. Someone hit us. I untangle myself from the seatbelt with one hand and open the car door. Once I step out I get a little dizzy and have to lean on the door for support until I can see straight.

I walk around the car and look around into the woods to see if Ray was around but I don't see anything. I do notice blood on the pavement and the trail leads off into the woods. I start to follow the trail when I'm reminded that Frank had to of turned my car radio on. This has to be him. I guess the only way to stop Ray was to ram a truck into us. Not my favorite idea but there isn't a gun pointed to me anymore so I'll take it. As I follow the trail of blood I finally see Ray and none other than Frank. My heart skips seeing him standing there, alive. I walk closer to them and when I step on a twig Frank looks back.

"Go back to the car, Em." He demands.

"Frank..." I say cautiously as I see Ray was trying to get away from Frank.

"Go."

"Don't kill him, Frank. You don't want to do this." I shake my head at him. He turns around and drags Ray to a shed in front of them. I follow as quickly as I can.

"Frank! Please! I'll call the cops, he'll get arrested, you can come home." I plead with him. I feel wetness on my cheek and I realize my head is bleeding, no wonder I was dizzy.

He ignores me as he opens the door to the shed and throws Ray inside. He enters himself and turns around to face me.

"Go, please." I see his resolve break a little from his tough exterior. I bite my lip, Frank doesn't say please. I sigh and I turn around and start to walk but then I quickly stop.

"Don't disappear." I say as I turn around to face him again. He's still standing there watching me. He doesn't say anything, we just stare at each other till he finally closes the door. I immediately start to walk back, after a few minutes I hear a gunshot.

The Punisher is back.

"Jesus, what happened to you?" Claire asks me as she opens the door to her apartment. She quickly guides me in and I sit on her couch.

"Where do I start? The fact that I was held at gunpoint or I was in a car accident while being held at gunpoint?" I huff and push some hair out of my face. My left arm had been glued to my side the whole time since leaving the scene of the crash. I had grabbed my stuff from the car and immediately called a taxi once I walked down the rode far enough away from the mess. The driver didn't notice my bleeding, either that or he just didn't care. I had him drop me off at Claire's already knowing she'd be home. She had mentioned to me before she was usually home on Tuesday's.

"Do I even want to know?" She asks as she grabs her med bag and starts to take stuff out.

"No." I huff. She cleans my head cut with some alcohol and I hiss from the burn.