V.

"Sometimes we just get lucky and sometimes it's just our guardian angel keeping an eye out for us."

V.

"There's a new crime fighter out on the streets of Hell's Kitchen but can we really believe this person is on our side? Last night there was a shooting in the lower east side. Police say that an unknown person killed a dozen Irish gang members at a private bar on Bowery. Police are still trying to figure out who this killer is and get him off the streets. Could this possibly be the same person who killed four men who were later known to be sex traffickers?" The tv in the diner displays the local news channel and me and Donna are intently watching. The screen shows police cars and crime scene tap around the building the reporter was just talking about.

"Seems like he's just taking out the bad ones." I shrug and continue to eat from my bag of chips.

"Yeah, but I mean that guy is still out on the streets. I wouldn't want to run into him." Donna says and grabs a few chips from my bag.

"I don't think anyone would. All I'm saying is, if he's taking out the good ones then we have nothing to worry about." I pop another chip into my mouth.

"But how do you know it's just the bad ones? Just because he's killed some gang members and traffickers doesn't mean he won't kill you." She explains.

"I guess you have a point there."

"Besides, Isn't that Daredevil character protecting this city as it is? Why do we need someone like this guy to start killing everyone. From what I've seen on tv, Daredevil just gets them arrested. This guy likes to murder them."

"It's funny, I left Brooklyn for the crime but it seemed to follow me here." I sigh at the irony. Part of me says it's just the crime that pushed me out of Brooklyn but it was also my life there. It was boring there and I wanted excitement, besides the crime part. I thought if maybe I'd move closer to the city I would get that. So far it's gotten me a bloody Frank at my door for two nights so I guess I scored. Sort of.

"Crime is everywhere, sweetheart."

"That it is, Donna."

When I get off my shift I figured I could go to the gym. I got home and changed into my black workout leggings and a plan black shirt. I also had a sports bra underneath. When I get to the gym I am pleased to see less guys than earlier. I don't like crowded gyms. Some of them glance at me but go right back to their workouts. Maybe none of them will give me problems. I stride over towards the treadmill and place my water bottle in the cupholder. I then turn on my music and start to run. When I'm finished I lift some weights and use a few of the machines. As I take a break from what I was doing I drink half of my water bottle as a man comes up to me. He was pretty tall and I admire how handsome he is. He has light facial hair and black hair that looks wet, probably from sweat. His jawline is very prominent even through his facial hair. His eyes are his most beautiful quality. They are a greenish grey and I'm in awe at the color.

"Hi, I'm Jeff. Sorry to interrupt you but I need to box and I was wondering if you could hold the bag?" He gives me a hopeful smile, his teeth are even perfect. I look around the gym to see that there is still three other men in here. Why doesn't he just ask them?

"I'm Emma, but why me?" I hope this isn't a ploy to hit on me because as attractive as he is, I wasn't interested.

"Because those guys over there don't like to spend their time holding it for me." He nods over to the guys who are lifting weights.

"And what makes you think I want to?" I didn't mean it in a rude way I just wanted to know his play.

"Wishful thinking? I was just asking, you don't have to do it." He seems sincere enough, I don't think he was trying to hit on me at all which makes me feel one hundred times better.