XIV.

"No amount of coffee is going to fix this."

XIV.

"Coffee?" Claire asks me as soon as we get into her apartment.

"That would be great. Thank you." She nods. She grabs a remote and turns the tv on and sets it down while she goes into the kitchen.

"Go ahead and take a seat. Milk and sugar?" She asks.

"Just milk."

I quickly sit down and look around. Her place is almost set like mine but she has taken more time into coordinating her decor and she also has a lot more pictures hanging up. I focus my attention to the tv once I hear what is being talked about.

"Frank Castle, the gunman wanted in connection with the Metro-general shooting and linked to dozens of recent gangland-related killings throughout Hell's Kitchen was apprehended just hours ago outside Saint Micheal's Cemetery." My heart aches at the news. Before I know it tears are sliding down my cheek. I was just with him and now he's going to be prosecuted. My mind quickly jumps to Matt and Foggy. They can help.

"Let me guess, you just came from that same cemetery." Claire says when she comes back into view.

"Yeah." I wipe the tears off my cheeks quickly.

"You knew him?" She comes sits down next to me handing me my coffee.

"Thanks," I clear my throat. "Yeah I did. Or do." I take a sip of the coffee, it immediately warms me up.

"Did you know that he was—" I nod my head.

"Yeah. I knew but I just didn't care." I sigh knowing how bad that sounded.

"It's hard isn't it?" She questions me taking a sip of her coffee. I keep both hands glued to my cup inviting the heat to my palms.

"What is?"

"The complications that come with knowing a vigilante." She sends me a small smile.

"Very. Should we start a club?" I joke. She lets out a small laugh.

"What are you going to do about this?" She nods her head towards the tv where they were talking to an officer about Frank.

"I work at a law firm. I'm hopeful they will take his case and try their best to give him anything but life in prison." I bite my lip. I was just getting started with Frank and now he's arrested. Going to jail really puts a bummer on a relationship.

She eyes me curiously, "Nelson & Murdock?"

I look at her confused.

"How did you—"

"They're the only ones who will want to actually defend this guy." I nod. She's right, word on the street was that Nelson & Murdock defended so called 'bad guys'. It's kind of their thing now.

"So, what happened that made our little friend tell you to come to me?" I knew I could trust her because if the freaking devil of Hell's kitchen did then why wouldn't I? I started to explain from the beginning of today and then the devil telling me to go to her.

"So you don't know who he is?" She asks me referring to the devil. Was this a rhetorical question?

"Am I suppose to? It was actually a little strange cause I felt like I knew him from somewhere. But I have no idea. Do you?" I take more sips of my coffee.

She nods.

"But I have a feeling he might tell you." She sighs.

"Why do you say that?"