X.

"What a dumb idea. Do it."

X.

"Okay, so explain this to me again." I ask Karen over the phone while sitting on my couch. It's been an hour since I left the precinct. All I've been doing is watching tv and eating cereal.

"Grotto is going to meet with this guy." I cut her off, "the drug lord Edgar Brass."

"Correct, and he's going to be wearing a wire. We just need Brass to confess that he's still dealing and then Grotto will be protected by the DA." She says and I sigh.

"This sounds like a bad idea." I say.

"It's the only thing we got. It's either that or Grotto goes back on the street to probably turn up dead by tomorrow."

"Well, have fun with that."

"Um, you're coming with us." I snort and shove another spoon full of lucky charms in my mouth.

"Yeah, I don't think so."

"You have to! Look, Matt is still sick and me and Foggy need you there."

"Why?" I groan.

"Because, like it or not you're part of our team now. We show up for one another."

I huff knowing that I can't say no. I wanted friends and a job, and now I got them both. Now I need to show up for both.

"Fine, text me the address and time."

"Great, I'm about to go to Matt's place and see if he's okay."

I smirk.

"I'm sure he'll feel better once you're there."

"Shut up." She groans. I can just imagine she's blushing.

"Well tell Matt I hope he feels better." I then end the call and continue eating my cereal. Karen sends me the time and place. 9pm. It's currently 7:30 which gives me time to finish eating, get dressed, and head there.

After I finish my cereal I change into a pair of light washed jeans and a black sheer blouse. I slip on my black pointed heels and put my hair into a bun. Considering the DA will be there I want to look formal. I grab my purse and keys and head out. The drive was only 15 minutes long and when I pulled into the parking lot of the building I see Foggy and Karen pull up next to me.

"Right on time." I say as I shut my car door.

"You know this could end very badly, right?" I add as we walk towards the officer who was waiting for us at the door. He opens the door for us and we all walk in. He leads us down a few halls and finally we get to a room. Once we enter everyone looks to be a bit worked up. I don't blame them, this could go so bad.

"Who's this?" A tan woman with curly brown hair walks toward us. Her face is pinched showing signs of rapid aging, but also making her look serious.

"I'm Emma Andrews, I work for Nelson and Murdock." I hold out my hand and she doesn't even look down at it. She simply flashes a sarcastic smile.

"Of course there's more of you." She says annoyed. I can only assume this is her. This is Miss Reyes. The DA. Karen wasn't joking, she is a bitch.

"This is the freaking wire you want me to wear?" I turn around to see someone wrapping wires and a walkie to Grottos stomach. The guy finishes and Grotto pulls his shirt down.

"Relax, Grotto. You'll be fine. Look, either you're the luckiest man in Hell's Kitchen, or someone up there thinks you're worth saving." Karen says helping him with his button up.