Ch. 3

Small AN: I'm sure you will be able to tell but ••• means time skip. That's all enjoy!
———————————————————
Once the ceremony was over I sighed happy that I could go to my common room and try to forget tonight ever happened. Although the headmistress had other plans for everyone instead.

"Since you will have to spend the rest of your lives with your significant other, you will need to take sometime to getting used to their company. So as of tonight you shall all be staying in a shared dorm with you partner. The dorms will be on the seventh floor where the old room of requirements used to be. Now a piece of paper will appear with the password to your dorm and what portrait is yours." She said biding us all a goodnight as small little parchments with our information appeared in front of us.

Great. So now I can't even go to my own dorm in peace to take stress away. I stand up abruptly grabbing Malfoy's attention. I grab the piece of paper and start walking not waiting for the boy behind me. If he wants to find the dorm he can follow me and stop pouting I'm not just going to wait around.

I hear his quick footsteps follow shortly behind me as I make my way up the steps. We walk for a short while in silence with only the sound of our shoes as we walk. When we reach the portrait of a plump man drinking tea I'm the first to speak words for the first time in the past twenty minutes.

"Gordemous grump." I say in a flat voice as Malfoy lingers behind me starring at the stone floor as if it's the most interesting thing around.

I enter not waiting once again and begin to see what our shared dorm looks like, I roll my eyes at the thought.

There's a medium size kitchen to the right when you first walk in and a small table with four chairs just to the left of it. A decent living room accompanying the kitchen is to my left when I walk in. Past it is a stair case leading to two doors. Those must be the bedrooms I think.

Malfoy finally makes his way into the portrait after sulking outside for a minute and follows me as I walk up the stairs. What is this, you're not a lap dog stop following me Malfoy.

At the top I go to open the first door and inside is a large room with a massive queen sized bed. It's about the size of my Gryffindor dorm just without the other four beds in the room. There's a big dresser on the left side of the door and to my right is a beautifully sculpted duchess. I walk further into the room and run my hands over the sheets. Satin. I've really upgrade now I let out a small laugh but quickly put a straight face when I see Malfoy's eyes flicked over to my sudden burst of noise.

He backs out of the doorway not wanting to be in my presence anymore and goes to see his room in the second door. Then for the first time since the war I hear him speak.

"What the hell do they think they're playing at!" He says angrily to himself. I run out to see the issue and immediately I laugh at his situation. They gave him a toilet and bath for a room.

"Hahahah, I guess they gave you the crap end of the stick for sleeping arrangements. You have to sleep in a bath." I giggle doubling over. It was a grand bathroom though. Everything was white and it had a large mirror and a ginormous bath tub and shower.

"No you dimwit don't you get it." He said looking at me irritated. "There's only one sleeping space." He says looking down at me. I get angry that he called me a name but then it dawns on me.

"They expect us to share a bed?" I whisper to Malfoy. He lets out an angry huff and walks to the room, now I'm the one following him. Our bags are in the corner I guess they really do want us to share the room.

"Well I'm not sharing a room with you." I say sternly crossing my arms. He looks at me unimpressed.

"Don't flatter yourself, I wouldn't ever think about sharing a bed with you." He says still annoyed.

"Well then." I say looking at him expectingly, can he leave so I can go to bed. He threw a pillow at me instead and started pushing me out the door. What?

"Malfoy no! I am not sleeping on the couch!" I demand wanting to sleep in the soft bed instead of some uncomfortable couch that will be sure to leave me with kinks in my back tomorrow.

"Then sleep in the tub Preston. Just get out of my room." He says with one final push and locks the door once it's shut. I try to unlock it with my wand but nothing works.

"DAMN YOU MALFOY!" I shout through the door and eventually go downstairs to the couch. He may be taller and have more muscle than me but that didn't mean I didn't try to push back when he was making me leave the room. Unfortunately it just wasn't enough.

As I lay on the couch in the dark that's when it finally hits. The tears come. They're silent so Malfoy won't hear but they're still there. This isn't how my life was supposed to happen.

The tears soon stop and sleep invades me. I fall into a dreamless sleep.
•••
The next morning I wake up and get ready to shower. As I reach the last step I see Malfoy coming out of the room and heading to the lavatory and I panic. He sees me and smirks as he rushes into the bathroom before I could and locks the door with the same spell he used last night on the bedroom door.

I bang on the door "NO FAIR OPEN UP!!!" I yell but it's no hope. So I wait the next fifteen minutes for the precious Slytherin prince to shower. Finally the door opens and I fall backwards seeing as my back was against thee door.

"Finally." I say as he stands blocking my way.

"Have fun with all the warm water I left you." He says with a wink. That prick.

"Whatever. It took you fifteen minutes and you still smell like shit Malfoy." I spit, pushing past him. I went to shut the door but his hand stopped it from closing.

"My my my. Someone's cranky isn't she. What did you sleep bad or something?" He says smirking that famous Malfoy smirk I hated so much. That's it I pull my wand out to hex him but he just closes the door and I have to duck down to dodge it.

"UGHHHHH!" I scream in frustration. How can one person be so impeccably annoying. He is going to be my husband which is the worse part.

By now I have stopped and turned the water on. I gather my hygiene products and put them in the shower. I get in and am hit with a rush of ice cold water.

"DAMN YOU MALFOY!" I shout so loud the whole castle could hear. And somewhere just somewhere is a foul slimey git with platinum blonde hair probably laughing his ass off. Oh how I hate him.