Ch.13

Margot's pov
I step further into the room after shock washes over me. Fast asleep in the crib lays a newborn baby girl with straight blonde hair who had to be the mere age of only a couple months. I look around and next to the crib on the dresser is a book of instructions, which I pick up and open immediately.

Dear mr Malfoy and miss Preston,
For the next month you will be taking care of "your child." The potion you prepared today was in order to create your child, though he or she may not be real, do take care of them properly they still get hungry, thirsty, hurt, and have to use the bathroom like any other infant would. It is your responsibility as parents to take care of your child to help prepare you for your years of fertility through your marriage. As the month goes on you will see the child will grow rapidly unlike normal growth of a child, the child will reach the age of nine by the end of the month to help prepare you through the different stage of your future child's life. At the end of the month your "child" will disappear after she or he goes to sleep and will return back to its potion form, the next day you will bring the potion in for grading to see how you and your spouse did as parents. Good luck and enjoy the next month with your child!
                     - Professor Janson

I put the letter down and look over to see Malfoy has moved closer to the crib staring down at our child. Our. Realization hits me, me and Malfoy are going to take care of a tiny human being for the next month. How the hell am I supposed to take care of somebody else when I struggle enough just to keep myself together.

"What should we name her?" Malfoy's words break my thought. I snap my head out of thought and walk over to him looking down into the crib just like him at the small human that shared the same dna as us.

"I've always liked the name Celeste for a girl?" I tried looking at Malfoy to see his reaction. For the first time since we got in that room he makes eye contact with me and smiles.

"Celeste? Celeste Malfoy?" He says testing it out.

After seeing him think over it I try and take it back thinking he won't like it. "We don't have to name her Celeste it was just a suggesti-"

"I love it." Malfoy said smiling at me. He returns his gaze to the crib then says "we should probably go get some rest, she doesn't look like she's waking anytime soon and if she does we'll just keep both the doors open so we can hear her if she cries." He suggest grabbing my hand leading me out the room. I nod and take one last look at the tiny sleeping figure below me before following Malfoy out the door.

Malfoy starts to descend down the stair case to the sofa before I call out his name, "Malfoy," I say standing in the bedroom door frame. He turns and just stares at me simply waiting for me to continue. "We could share the bed tonight only if you wanted to? Plus it would be quicker for both of us to get to Celeste's room if something were to happen." I suggest.

A cocky smirk appears on his face and he ascends the stair case now. As he walks past me through the door frame he says flopping onto the bed, "I see what's going on, just admit that you want to curl up next to me at night instead of sleeping by yourself."

"Oh please, that's the last reason why I would want you to stay up here." I scoff while getting pajamas out of my drawers.

"So you still admitted to it being a reason for me to stay up here." He smirked while putting his hands behind his head. I just roll my eyes at the remark and leave the room to go change in the bathroom.

On my way back I peak my head in to see Celeste still asleep. I'm kinda nervous about having to take care of a child, what if I'm not fit out to be a mother? I shake the thought and head back to the bedroom to see Malfoy getting under the covers.