Ch.5

I run crying all the way to the only place that I know can warm me up. Gryffindor common room. I didn't know this years password but luckily a third year girl who was coming out was able to give me the password and I slipped in easily.

Inside was quiet, none of the students were in the common room. Most had class and the ones that did have a free period were probably in the court yard or on the grounds somewhere. It was a nice day out, but I wanted to be in here secluded with my thoughts.

I can't believe him. I knew we would always throw nasty threats or snide comments that would sting the other for a quick second. But I've never struck a sensitive nerve on him before.

More tears fall as I think of her. I haven't really thought about the whole thing with the war lately but Malfoy triggered my sad thoughts again.

I was a baby when the tragedy struck our family. My mother a Ravenclaw muggleborn had fell in love with my father who was a pureblood Slytherin. When the first dark war started rising my mother was out of school and making her way high up in the ministry chain. She married my father and had me, we were her family she had everything she ever wanted. However she wanted to help the people especially with the dark times coming near. She was so high in the ministry chain after my first birthday she was supposed to be the next minister of magic. However because she was a muggle born and so close to all that power Voldemort wanted her gone. One day he sent death eaters to kill my mother and me since we weren't purebloods such as my father. The death eaters kidnapped me and when my mother went to save me she made a deal with the men who took me. She would have to trade her life for mine. Like the mother she was she did and it was I who in the end was the reason she died.

When I was younger I had always been very sad about my mother's death and didn't like to talk about it. I knew she had died from the dark times but father had never told me anything more than that. However one day before first year when me and father were in Diagon Alley a man came up to me and screamed, "you're the reason we lost one of the greatest ministers we could have ever had."

At first I didn't understand what the strange man meant until I asked my father to explain. Once he told me that my mother traded her life for me, a hundred pounds of guilt fell on me.

It just got worse as the years went on. A lot of people knew my mother and really liked her political views. I mean my father did tell me she was smart, kind, and I saw a picture of her once she was a very beautiful women. I can't understand why a lot of people are upset over the loss of her. And since I was friends with a well known celebrity my name was sometimes put in papers and attention was put on me. Even though no one said it everyone blamed me for her death. I even still blame myself at times. I was the-girl-who-got-her-famous-mother-killed!

Kids at school were nicer than the adults however, in first year I remember kids would ask me if I really did kill my mother because they heard their parents saying that. The questions stopped once people saw how depressed it made me and eventually everyone just never brought it back up.

Every once in a while an unfortunate reminder hits me sending me into this terrible state of mind. Thanks Malfoy.

"Margot? What are you doing here don't you have potions right about now?" Says my friendly little red haired friend.

I smile sadly at her,"oh hey Gin, I do I just needed to get out and go someplace quiet." I look down as she sit next to me on the sofa.

She gives me a questioning look and tries to figure out why I would leave class. "Is everything alright, did something happen?"

"How can people be so cruel and make their way into someone's private business that they have no right to be in anyway!" I angrily snap out of the blue, tears flowing heavily again. I really just wished I had a mother to be there for me when I got home to comfort me from all this criticism I get all the time. Then again if I had her I wouldn't be getting harsh treatment from judgmental people.