Mine

After working with Jeta and Hurricane the next day I saw Samuel and Austin leading Boaz back to his stall. They were having a bit of trouble but I hung back. He didn't need me. He didn't need my help. I shook my head and turned around to come face to face with Andrew's chest. "Hey baby." "Oh hey Andrew." I sighed as he smiled down at me. "They having trouble?" He asked as I nodded. "They don't have you." He whispered as he hugged me and kissed my cheek. "So wanna go to the diner in town later on?" I nodded as he smiled. "Well I have to get going. See you, babe." He muttered before pecking my lips with his. I smiled as I walked away. "Yo lovebird come help us out. Your horse is going crazy." I rolled my eyes as I walked toward an angry Samuel and a smirking Austin. "Give him here." I dictated as he reluctantly handed me Boaz's lead rope. I easily led Boaz into his stall and unhooked him in ten seconds. "See. Easy." He rolled his eyes as Mr. Slade called us both in the office. "Sit now." He demanded as Samuel and I took our seats as far away from each other as possible. "What's going on? You two were getting along so well." i looked at the floor as we both stayed quiet. "No someone tell me what happened. I'm sick of you two acting like children. You dated. You both lost a best friend and you broke up. Grow up. Move on with your life. You are both trainers and a darn good team. Work together and get Boaz trained. How is the foals and filly?" "Good. Now they just have to be worked with until they are old enough to break which isn't for another year." I said as he nodded. "He's coming to pick them up tomorrow." I nodded before going to stand up. "No sit Dylin. Austin is not helping you two any longer. You two need to learn to work with people you don't like sometimes." Mr. Slade growled. "And I want you riding soon. No more im not ready or some dumb crap like that. He is your horse, happy early Christmas or whatever, and you are going to ride him in a rodeo." I stared up into his eyes. "I already rode him. But I'm done with riding. I am going to train." I said as he scoffed and looked at Samuel who looked down. "You told her something didn't you?" Before he could even answer I shot up. "No i don't want to ride any longer. Roman's gone, my horse is gone and I can't ride another horse." "Dylin sit." I ran my hands through my long brown hair and paced the small office. "No im sick of people telling me he was just a horse or i will be fine. Or I just need to get back on. Or trying to trick me into riding. Or tricking me. I just want to leave it behind. I don't want to do it anymore." I sighed as Samuel shook his head. "She'll never ride again dad. Just face it her career is over. Just leave it alone. And I can handle Boaz by myself." He said as I shrugged a shoulder and nodded once. I walked out and took Boaz for one last ride out to the field. I didn't bother with a saddle, I just rode bareback. Once I dismounted him I hugged his neck. I pet his head and kissed his nose saying goodbye as we watched the sun go down. "You'll always be mine, no matter what Boaz. You'll always be mine." I whispered against his neck. Then I rode him back and went home.

The next morning I grabbed my parents and sat down at the table. "I think I need a break." They just stared at me. "I think I need to get away for a little while." They nodded and looked at me frightened. "Where are you going?" I shrugged. "Im not sure yet. A friend has a place we can go for a little while. I'll be back when I think I can, I just have to get away from Sammy and Corbin and everything." I sighed as they nodded. "Well stay in touch and I hope you and Andrew stay safe." I looked at them confused as they smiled sadly. "We are your parents honey. We know everything." I hugged them tightly before saying goodbye and packing. The whole time I packed I cried. I was still crying when I ended up on Andrew's doorstep. "Hey. You stood me up." He said after I knocked and he opened the door. "I'm sorry."

I choked out as he shrugged. "I got money and I need to leave." He nodded. "What does that have to do with me?" He asked indifferently as I swiped the tears from my eyes. "Andrew. Please." I looked into his eyes as he looked behind him and then back at me. "I have a house about three hours from here. You sure you wanna do this?" I nodded as he stepped aside and let me in.

Days later we were all settled in and laying on the couch as he smiled down at me. "So miss I will never leave my home town what happened?" He asked as I looked down at my phone. "Samuel." I said as he nodded not pressing more. Samuel hadn't bothered to call me or anything. No one had except my mom, dad, and brothers. "Well look here, I am going to make you forget all about that jerk." He kissed my lips as I smiled and buried my head in his chest. "You know Dyl, im glad we did this." I nodded as I leaned further into him. "Aren't you meeting your mom?" He asked as I nodded. "I should probably go." I sighed as he kissed my lips. "Let me know when you get there." I nodded and left.

"Hey honey." My mom hugged and kissed my cheek before she took her seat across from me. "Sorry I'm late. Bradley lost his keys." I nodded and smiled. "How have you been?" I asked as she nodded. "Good.  How about you?" "Alright. How's Boaz?" "Samuel is trying so hard but he won't do a thing for him." "How'd they take it when you said i wasn't coming back for a while?" I asked as she sighed. "Slade understood and blamed himself. Sarah held the twins while they cried. Savannah blamed Samuel. Samuel stormed out." I nodded and looked up just in time to see Samuel and Cora, a girl from our school, walk in hand in hand. "I see he has a girlfriend." I muttered as she nodded. "They started dating right after you left. Like I said, he didn't take it too well." I just shrugged as I smiled softly at her. That's when he looked up and stared at me. I looked back at my mom and sighed. "You ever regret leaving Mr. Slade behind?" "What do you mean?" "Do you ever regret not marrying him?" She sighed and smiled. "I used to. A lot. Especially when your dad and I got into arguments. But before we had Anderson, we had this really big fight and he told me and I quote, "If you love him, go. Go be with him because your happiness means more to me than having you to myself." Then your father walked out the door. I almost called Slade that night, but that would have been the biggest mistake of my life. I realized later that night that your father loved me unconditionally and he was willing to let me go just for me to be happy. He adored me like no other man on this earth could. And he was the one who was always there for me. I knew that if I had married Slade instead I would have missed out on an amazing guy, who is the best father, person, and Christian i have ever met." I smiled at her with tears in my eyes. "I love you mom." "I love you too sweetie. I really do have to go. Next week I will come to you, okay?" I nodded and hugged her before watching her leave. Not even five minutes after she left someone slid into the booth across from me. I looked up to see dark hair and light eyes. "Dylin." He said just above a whisper as if he couldn't believe I was here. I offered a light smile but tried escaping. He caught me outside and stopped me from closing my door. "Just know I'm sorry and I miss you." He said before letting the door go. I slammed it shut and drove off, but I stopped down the road and laid my head against the steering wheel and cried.