Scared

my whole life, I never really was like the other boys, quiet, to be exact. Most of my life I hid, I grew up thinking I can only fix my problems by running away. Of course, this would always lead to problems. I never experienced what it's like to have friends or a happy family, didn't know how to smile in front of a camera, and didn't know how to meet people. One day, as usual, I got up to go to school, along with my two brothers, I was always the outcast, especially for being the middle child, but on this day I tried to fit in, "Mom?" I say in a quiet small voice, peeking in my parents bedroom. "you in here?" I say again, she answers as she's getting ready for her work "Yes sweetie?", "can you take me to school with my brothers?" I answer, trying not to show any pain in my voice. "Why do you want to ride with your brothers? I thought you liked to ride the bus" she sighs quietly. "can you please just take me, the bus already passed." I say, making up another lie just to escape being bullied once again on the bus. "Okay, Okay. I'll take you to school." she says as I walk away taking a deep breath mumbling ever so quietly "why do I even need school, all it does is cause problems for me." I sigh heading into the kitchen glancing back at my father watching the news drinking his coffee sitting in the living room. I gulp as I grab a cup of water, waiting for my mother and brothers to come downstairs. "Braydon!" my father yells as shivers run down my spine, hearing my name yelled out from my dad made me almost break, wondering what I did wrong now. "Yes pop?!" I reply, slightly nervous. "Tell your mom to pick some dinner up on her way from work!" I rolled my eyes, as usual, my dad wants ME to do something when he can easily ask my mother himself.

As my mother came down, I grabbed my bag and headed out to my mother's car along with my brothers. Once again, I spotted a baby bull snake and picked it up then put it in my bag.

Flash Forward

I was out during recess chasing girls around with the baby bull snake. I done this every day with everything I caught. A older kid that was taller and tougher than me grabbed me by the shirt yanking me back "Heyyy there little Brady!" the kid said, as I tensed up "whataya want now, this snake can bite you, you know that right?" the kid rolled his eyes slamming me onto the ground "you know what I want" I tried not to tear up from the pain, I pulled out what little of money I had left and smiled nervously "H-Here but um..I-I need that" I say, with a stuttering shaky voice, knowing my dad will be mad. "thanks, stink breath." the kid drops my shirt collar walking away laughing as I gulp letting the snake go "Wonder what's gonna break tonight..."