Chapter 5

You slowly woke up from your wonderful sleep. Thanks to Yusaku, you didn't have that awful dream again. Speaking of Yusaku, he seemed to be peacefully sleeping next to you, tho you realized that when you felt his hot breath on your neck. You squealed quietly and quickly sat up. Yusaku seemed to still be sound asleep. Lucky for you, since your cheeks were pretty red by now. "Hehe, someone is blushing~" Oh hell no, not that Ignis again.... "Say another word and I'll fry your damn system... " You said with a glare at Yusaku's duel disc. "Fine, fine... You're just as mean as Yusaku..." Ignis complained with a pout, you just rolled your eyes at his statement. "Hey, I just realized I didn't return (F/N)'s duel disk to her. " you took a look at the duel disk that was on the nightstand, but you weren't sure if it's a good idea to return it, it might be corrupted? "Sure, go ahead before Yusaku wakes up. Also, your real duel disk is hidden in Yusaku's closet." You blinked in confusion. Did Ignis just help you? Well, he can be useful sometimes. "Thanks!" You exclaimed, but quietly, not to wake up Yusaku. Tho you had to admit, he did look really cute like this. You giggled at the tough and grabbed both your and (F/N)'s duel disk before heading out.

You remembered her telling you the location of her house, so it shouldn't take a while before you find it. First, you had to make sure her duel disk isn't corrupted. You certainly didn't want one of your friends experiencing what you have. "Everything seems normal... " You muttered to herself. There was only one deck installed in it, which had to be hers.

....

"Hey (Y/N), did you hear about Playmaker and that (VR/N) girl?" You raised an eyebrow at this sudden question. Today, (F/N) seemed to be asking you a lot of random questions. "Uh, I don't think so?" You tried your best to answer as calmly as possible. (F/N) giggled and showed you a fan art of you and Playmaker, but it got worse, there were freaking fanfictions about you two!! "Aren't they cute?" (F/N)  fangirled a little. So, even tho they know you are Knight Of Hanoi, they still ship you and Playmaker AKA Yusaku. This made you sweat drop, but laugh at the same time as your cheeks seemed to be a little red by all this. "They are just as cute as you and Yusaku, don't you agree, (VR/N)?" The light atmosphere now turned into a very dark one in a matter of second. You stared wide eyed at (F/N). She called you (VR/N)...does that mean she knows something? Your suspicions were confirmed, seeing (F/N) having a wicked grin on her face, but not only that, her eyes were glowing bright red. No... Is she possessed? "(F/N)?" You stuttered out. (F/N) gave you another wicked grin and lunged forward to grab you by the neck. You somehow managed to avoid it and the next obvious thing you did was ran for your life!!!  Honestly, you don't remember the last time you ran so fast. You glanced behind you, and just when you toughed you got away... "There you are!! " oh no.. She's here... You kept running, but you just couldn't escape her. "APPEAR CIRCUIT OF REALITY!!! BRING MY SERVANTS TO LIFE AND BREAK THE BORDER BETWEEN GAME AND REALITY!!!" You took another quick glance at (F/N), what on Earth is she chanting about? Suddenly, several circuits appeared. All kinds of duel monsters came out of them and they all seemed to be after you. "What the?- How is that even possible?!" You yelled, trying to avoid all the attacks monsters were throwing at you. (F/N) laughed as she watched from the top of some building. She sure was having fun, while you on the other hand... "Damnit..." You muttered, there was an enormous dragon near you. He roared and shoot fire at you. This was it...you used your arm to at least try and protect yourself. "VR NETWORK ACTIVATED. ACCOUNT;  (VR/N), LOGGING IN.... SUCCESSFUL, WELCOME TO LINK VRAINS. " You didn't have time to think about the meanig of that, you saw your D-Board was up ahead, you jumped on it and managed to avoid the previous attack. "What the..." Your look seemed to change as well, you looked just like in LINK VRAINS. "I see you found out about the little trick I did." (F/N) then jumped on her own D-Board and followed not far behind you. "What the hell's this?!" You yelled at (F/N) again, this all just seemed so absurd, like a really crazy dream. Well, you're sure as hell that this isn't a dream. "Oh, didn't you hear my little chanting from before? 'Break the border between game and reality.' (F/N) gave you a sadistic smirk. "No way... So this is Link VRAINS in real world?"  "In a way, yes. PULL BACK!" All the monsters suddenly returned to their circuits. Is (F/N) planning something else. "We'll have a fair duel now. That is, if you aren't afraid~" You could tell (F/N) was trying to provoke you, but either way, you would accept her challenge.