Chapter 29.

"I'm in London, I want to see you." Chloe's voice echo's through my phone. She rang me a few minutes after I answered her text. I stay silent as I weigh up the pros and cons of seeing Chloe again.

"Niall, please? I have to explain myself to you and I need to figure out what exactly is going on with us." She says.

When I think about it, she technically is still my girlfriend. We never broke up, she just left for a while. With her ex boyfriend.

Our situation is messed up. I fell in love with her the day I met her and not long after we had sex and ended up going out. Then she cheated on me with her ex, then left my house, with her ex.

I'm beyond confused as to what's going on. I haven't said anything for the past few minutes and she sits patiently on the other end of the phone.

"Sure, Chloe. When's best for you?" I ask, thinking to myself when would be best to see her.

"Today? I'm desperate to speak to you." She says. A sigh escapes my lips as I think whether or not now is a good time to see her.

"Uh, yeah ok. Come round to my house at 7:00 pm?". I kick a stone across my driveway. I left Harry and Louis inside as I came to answer this phone call.

"Okay. Thanks for giving me a chance to explain myself." She sounds like she's sorry, but I'm not putting my full trust into her words.

"You have to know that I'm still hurt though, Chloe." I say, shivering from the cold.

"I know, I'm sorry. I'll see you later." She says before hanging up the phone. Placing my phone in my pocket, I let out another sigh while rubbing my hands over my face.

As I enter my house, I hear Louis and Harry having some sort laughing fit over something. When I walk into the living room, I slump myself on the chair I was previously sitting on and turn towards the two boys, laughing madly on the sofa opposite.

"What?" I ask and they continue to laugh.

"Lads?" I question again, once I don't get a reply.

Louis gasps for air and attempts to answer me.

"Har- Harry just- oh my gosh!" Louis says, erupting into even more laughter.

I stare at the pair in confusion, waiting for an answer. After taking a few breaths, Louis speaks up.

"Harry just said.. Don't you think brussel sprouts are like baby cabbages?" Louis says as he wipes tears of laughter out of the corner of his eyes.

"No, Louis! Don't make me sound dumb! You have to tell him the full story!" Harry laughs.

"Basically, I cooked a roast dinner for Louis and I last night. Louis just said how nice it was and it reminded me of when I was eating the sprouts, I thought they were like baby cabbages." Harry laughs.

"Still, you sounded pretty stupid." Louis laughs and gets a swat on the arm from Harry.

I let out a small giggle as the sound of laughter dies down.

"Sorry, Niall. Who was on the phone buddy?" Louis asks, once he had stopped laughing.

"Uh, just someone." I'm unsure why I didn't tell them straight away.

"Who's someone?" Harry questions.

"Chloe, she said she wants to talk things through. She's coming here at 7." I say, looking at both of the boys, waiting for their facial expressions.

"What's the deal with you two now? Are you together or what?" Louis doesn't hesitate to ask.

"I don't know, it's confusing." I say, turning towards the TV as a game of football begins.

* * *

Seven o'clock arrives and I sit on the sofa, waiting for Chloe to appear at my door.

I made an effort to look nice for her. After all, in some way she is still my girlfriend.

Only a few minutes pass by until there is a small knock at my door. I check my hair in the mirror once more and open the door.

Chloe stands there and looks up, her eyes meeting mine.

"Hi." She says in a small, quiet voice.

"Hey, come on in." I say, holding the door open for her.

As she walks in, she slips her shoes off and I shut the door. She walks into the living room and I cant help but look at her bum as she walks.

She turns around and faces me as I walk into the room.

I hesitate for a second before moving closer to her. Less than two feet lie between us.

"Niall, I-" She begins as I wrap my arms around her, pulling her in for a hug. Her arms wraps around my neck as she returns the hug.

I don't know what came over me, but I have the urge to be near her.

"I've missed you so much." She says into my chest.

"I've missed you too, baby." I confess into her neck. I didn't realise that I missed Chloe, until she's in my arms. Her touch is soft and suddenly all my feelings for her come flooding back.

As I pull away from the hug, she looks up into my eyes. We both stare deeply at each other for a minute or two, not saying a word.

"Can I kiss you?" She asks. It's a bit of a shock that she would ask for a kiss, but I don't deny it.

I just nod silently, letting Chloe take control. Her lips connect with mine and her tongue slowly rolls over my bottom lip.

The feeling of her lips attached to mine again is unusual to me.

Her hand slowly moves to the waistband of my joggers. Although I should say no, it's so hard not to. I give in, letting Chloe push her hand into my boxers, my mind wondering what will come next.