10

Louis looked back to Harry after a few minutes, the lack of explanation from the man only brought him more confusion. "Harry," he called out, waiting for Harry to look up, "Harry, I don't get this... why are you here?"

Harry stared at Louis with his bottom lip jutted out, he could hear the man and he knew he was asked a question, which meant Louis was expecting an answer. He opened his mouth slightly while he thought, "Harry..here," he explained and motioned around the jungle, "Harry here," he repeated and nodded.

"Yes Harry, you're here, I figured that," Louis nodded, "but why? Are you a zoologist?" He asked the man curiously, only continuing when Harry didn't respond, "do you work for National Geographic, then? Or is this just for fun?"

"Harry, here," Harry repeated once more and then huffed softly before he moved in closer to his mother, resting his hands on his mother's arms. The sketchbook now settled in his lap, still on the same page the gorillas were drawn. "Harry just here," he continued and gave Louis a little shrug. He knew what had happened to him, if he remembered how to tell Louis, of course he'd mention it all to him in a heartbeat.

Louis sighed quietly before nodding, "right, okay but what about your home?" He asked, causing Harry to look back up at him.

Home. Harry knew what that was. He wanted to go home, he wants to go back to London. As much as he owed it to his gorilla mother for saving and caring for him, he missed his family, his true family. He missed his mum's cooking and his father's stories. He even missed Gemma's name calling. He missed it all and he'd do anything to have that all back, if he could only say it.

"Ho-home," Harry repeated slowly, "Harry home," he nodded, frowning while his fingers combed into his mother's arm hairs.

"Yeah? Where is it then?" Louis asked softly, daring to lean in closer to Harry. Something just felt so off about all of this and he wanted to get to the bottom of it. Harry has a British accent, he could hear it in his pronunciations, but the man was either extremely secretive or he truly was at a loss.

"Harry..home..."

Louis thought for a moment, "come on then, you've got the accent, you're a Brit, aren't you?"

Harry frowned while looking at Louis, tilting his head to the side.

"No? You're American? Canadian? African?" Louis then asked, wanting to get some kind of answer. "What kind of man doesn't know where he's from? Listen mate, this is getting a little ridiculous, don't you think? What's your deal? You're a crazy man if you think I'm supposed to find this all to be normal," he scoffed out.

Harry watched Louis and listened carefully, eyes widening when he recognized a word, "man," he started, "Harry man," he nodded, "man," he murmured. He remembered how his father would always call him 'the man of the family' since he'd be the one to really tie them together at the end of the day. He always found his father silly for calling him a man when he was only a boy, but now he only yearned for hearing those words from his father again.

"Yes Harry, you're a man," Louis responded in a sarcastic tone. He then noticed the look on Harry's face, it only gave him an unsettling feeling in his stomach. "Harry, you do know you're a man, right?" He asked slowly, "you're not a gorilla, you understand that, don't you?"

Harry then furrowed his brows, "go...gorilla?" He asked, looking up at Louis.

"Gorilla? What do you mean gorilla, the big ape you're sitting next to is a gorilla," Louis told Harry and raised an eyebrow at the man.

Louis was shocked, all this time the man was so close to a gorilla, to the point where he was nearly sitting in one's lap, and he didn't even know wha they're called. "Harry, what on earth are you trying to pull here?" He asked him, "don't play games with me, where do you live? Where's your home? Is it here? No? Quit joking around mate, this isn't funny," he continued, growing a little worried the more he tried getting answers.

"Harry home," Harry repeated, "Harry home...no here," he continued slowly, his eyebrows furrowed in thought. He heard a few words he recognized, easy ones he just never forgot about. "Harry live...no," he shook his head.

"What do you mean? You don't have a home? You live here because you're homeless?" Louis asked him, his tone gentler than before.

"Gorilla..Harry, no," Harry tried explaining, "Harry man? No gorilla," he continued, "home no here, home...no know?" He said in a questioning tone, hoping Louis would understand him.

Louis listened carefully, the accent was clear as day, he was no American nor Canadian. "British, look mate, you've got the accent, you've got to be from the UK for sure," he nodded, "okay, you know you're not a gorilla, and you don't have a home. Unless you do? And it's not here? So you live in the UK?" He asked.

"No know," Harry explained and shook his head, "no..." he paused to think for a few minutes, "no...remember?" He tried, the word just coming naturally to him.

Louis then suddenly understood, well for the most part. All he knew was that Harry knew he didn't live here, and that the man doesn't remember where he lives. "I can help you figure this out okay?" He told the man and gave him a small smile, "don't worry, I'll help you remember."