Chapter Eighteen

After Alissa had finished setting up the appetizers and sangria pitchers on Sarah's porous concrete island in the far back of the apartment, she headed back to the bathroom to do one last look over of her appearance. Sarah just finished cleaning up the sink and counter, letting her have the bathroom to herself.

Her brunette hair flowed off her shoulders in loose waves. Her smoky eyes shimmered with hints of gold glitter. Her nude long-sleeved dress clung to her slim yet curvy body. The cutout above her chest that attached to the wrap-around choker collar showed just enough cleavage. She turned around and stuck her ass out, looking in the mirror to ensure there were no underwear lines. Once she was pleased with herself, she stepped out to see Hwan with Grace by the front door.

They were taking their coats off, handing them to Sarah, who began walking to her bedroom to toss them on the bed. Hwan was wearing a European cut black suit with a white button-up and black tie. Grace was also wearing black in the form of a fit and flare satin halter dress.

Alissa eyed Hwan warily before smiling to greet them.

He had made eye contact with her, glanced quickly at Grace, then back at her, rolling his eyes in the process with a grin on his lips.

"Happy New Year," Grace said.

"Happy New Year," she said with a knowing smile at her and Hwan.

Hwan couldn't stop grinning like a fool, his eyes shining whenever he glanced over at Grace again.

More and more people began to arrive as time neared midnight. Veronica showed up with her friend Leah. Leah seemed like a fun person; her hair was dyed pastel lavender and silver.

As she spoke with Veronica and Leah, she couldn't help but wonder if Trevor was ever going to show up. She ended up dancing with the two of them, trying to get her mind off of him.

It was fifteen minutes to midnight when a certain someone with dark skin and dimples arrived. Alissa was deep in a conversation with Sarah about whether or not it was worth refilling the pitcher of cranberry sangria so close to midnight when someone tapped her shoulder.

Alissa caught Sarah's eyes light up behind her and a smirk appeared before she mumbled going to check on something. Butterflies immediately begin to flutter in Alissa's stomach as she turned around.

"Hi." His voice was deep and smooth, like dark chocolate melting.

"Hi," she said almost breathless.

"You look beautiful," he said looking her up and down.

She blushed, "Thank you. You do too."

He was wearing dark navy jeans and a light blue button up. The top three buttons were undone.

"So, have you been here all night?"

She nodded, "How many places have you hit already?"

"Well, my friend Mike wanted to go to this girl's place, then Sean wanted to go to Bare Bones, you know, the wine bar, but Mike wanted to stay. So, we left him there. Then Jared wanted to go to Brix for some pizza, but Sean met a lady at Bare Bones, so he stayed. Then, after eating with Jared, he got a text from some girl, so he left me. What should have turned out into a guys' night barhopping turned into all my friends leaving me for some ladies." He shook his head chuckling.

Alissa chuckled, "So, I don't get to meet Mike, Sean, or Jared, huh?"

She was looking forward to meeting a few of Trevor's friends. Maybe next time, she thought.

"Nah, it's only me you'll be meeting with tonight," he said as he took a step closer to her.

Her heart sped up as he asked, "Want to dance?"

She set her glass of sangria down on the kitchen island, then took his hand as she led them down the hallway to the living room. His hand was warm and firm as it held hers. He pulled her in near the muted television with Nick Jonas hosting the ball drop in downtown Denver.

She wrapped her arms around his neck as he laid his hands on her hips. She bit her lip as his arms felt like fire around her. As they swayed to Shawn Mendes, Alissa looked into his dark chocolate eyes. He was staring right at her. She swallowed, trying to dampen her throat. He made her thirsty.

He pulled her closer until her breasts were touching his chest and she felt his groin against hers. Their faces were mere inches apart. Any moment now, she felt like he was going to kiss her.

Suddenly, the television volume turned back on as Nick Jonas announced two minutes until countdown. The music turned down as Sarah handed out noise makers. Trevor and Alissa took a step back from each other as they were each handed a noise maker.

She looked at Trevor who was smiling at her, his dimples prominent in his cheeks. She remembered what he had said the first time they met: 'That isn't the only place I have dimples.'

Her cheeks flushed as Nick Jonas began the countdown.

"Ten."

Everyone in the living room counted down with him.

"Nine."

She looked back at the television.

"Eight."

Trevor hadn't kept his eyes off of her.

"Seven."

He stepped closer to her.

"Six."

He wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Five."

She looked up at him, staring into those chocolate brown eyes, again.

"Four."

He leaned in closer.

"Three."

Her arms wrapped around his neck.

"Two."

Alissa licked her lips.

"One."

Everyone shook their noise makers as they shouted, "Happy New Year!"

Trevor's lips crashed onto hers.

His smooth lips moved quickly against hers as she kissed him back. He nibbled on her bottom lip, and she dropped the forgotten noise maker in her hands as she ran her fingers through his short hair, pulling him in closer.

Their tongues danced in each other's mouths as he pushed her up against the wall. He hands ran lightly up her waist to her arms, then back down to her hips, landing firmly on her ass. Her hands ran down his neck and onto his shoulders. She moaned as their kiss deepened, and she dug her nails into him.

Everywhere he touched, sparked a fire in her. Soon enough, it was roaring, and she broke the kiss. Their breathing was ragged as everyone was still saying Happy New Year to each other.

Her nails were still digging into his shoulders as she tried to control her pent up fire. She looked into his eyes and saw the same spark, just waiting to burn. She stood on her tippy toes and leaned forward.

She let her lips brush lightly over his ear as she whispered, "Let's get out of here."

He shivered.

~~~

A/N: Ohh, things are heating up! ;) Please tell me what you think so far! xo