Chapter 6

Ratchet's POV

The best thing I like about staying up late working is that no one can bother me when I stay up working. That's the best thing. However, Optimus disagrees. But there's always a way to get away from everyone.

I was just about to start researching about Izzy's gift when the computer started beeping about an incoming message. Loudly. Quickly, I shut off the noise from the computer so no one in base will wake up. Last thing I want is for one of the members of Team Prime to come strolling in and ask if anything was wrong.

I checked around base and luckily no one was disturbed. I headed back to the computer and brought forth the incoming message.

It was Amanda calling. I ignore it, thinking it was a just a prank call that she said girls do at sleepovers. But on the second ring, I gave up and pressed accept. Of course, I was totally surprised to hear that Amanda and Izzy were being chased around by Knockout. But of course, I was the only one awake so I had to go save them.

Now back to base, I was staring at Izzy while the two girls slept and wondered, What is her gift? I didn't feel comfortable waking her up, so I turned to my computer and tried researching more. When that didn't work, I thought maybe I can scan Izzy and then maybe I'll find out why she's special.

I walked quietly over to them and debated whether I would wake her. I finally sighed and scanned her quickly, then hurried back to my computer. But the next thing I know, I turned my helm to check on the girls and Izzy isn't there. I check the berth rooms in case she wandered over there, then checked the halls. No sign of her.

I began to panic, but I slowly willed myself back to normal. I calmly walk back to my computer and jump when I hear someone say, "Looking for me, Ratchey?" I cringed and turned to find Izzy standing next to the railing, arms crossed and an eyebrow raised.

"I've been here the entire time, in case you were wondering," she said, a hint of laughter in her voice. I just rolled my optic. "You're suppose to be asleep," I snapped and turned to her completely to hear her excuse. She shrugged. "You woke me up and now I can't fall back to my deep sleep," she said and, leaning over the railing, added, "Watcha doing?" "Work," I simply said. She rolled her eyes.

"I know that, but what kind of work?" Izzy asked more serious. I sighed. She wasn't one to get a hint to leave me alone. "Research of your gift," I said. Izzy hopped onto the railing (which for some reason made me nervous) and said, "You could've just asked me, Ratchey." I flinched. "Don't call me that name," I growled. "Fine, fine," Izzy asked and added, "You're not a happy 'bot, aren't you?" I sighed very low.

"Come on, brighten up!" Izzy said and jumped off the railing. I caught her quickly before she reached the bottom. I straightened up and glared at her while she grinned mischievously on my servo. "See? You do care!" Izzy stood to her feet and folded her arms. "Only because I don't want a injured patient," I snapped. Izzy sighed and rolled her eyes.

I tried to type with one hand. Not working, I shoved Izzy with my servo onto my shoulder plate. "Don't get into any mischief," I warned her. She just shrugged and watched quietly while I typed.

Then she asked, "Ratchet, when are we going to get my stuff?" It hadn't occurred to me that her 'stuff' was still at the house. "What kind of stuff?" I asked and Izzy said, "Oh, just my medical kit and my tool belt." I was shocked to realized that she was interested in mechanical and healing.

Izzy seemed to read my mind because she said, "Yes, I am interested in those kind of topics. Not to brag, but I kinda do the jobs nicely when I'm in the right mood." I nodded my helm and asked, "How long have you wore your, uh...tool belt? And carried around a medical kit?" Izzy shrugged. "I don't really remember, but I think I was five," she said and her eyes filled with memories.